ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Seven

Song: No Tears Left To Cry

By: Ariana Grande

Dedicated to: Marley, my little niece, who I already miss so much. I wish you could've slept another day with us. I'll miss you kicking me in your sleep in the middle of the night. You're the crackhead I see each morning.

 You're the crackhead I see each morning

Maddie is talking about something her mom did to piss her off

Maddie is talking about something her mom did to piss her off. I've never been a fan of Maddie's mom and dad. They treated their daughter as if she was a piece of trash on the floor.

But as much as I would love to tell Maddie her parents are assholes, my mind is somewhere else.

I had to take the kids to school again today. Papa came home drunk off his ass and threw up all over the couch. Mama didn't take it well and made him clean up for himself. When I asked if he was taking the kids, he grunted before going to bed.

A part of me was relieved he didn't take them, but I was late to a soccer meeting earlier today. Coach texted all of us last night in the group chat and told us we had a meeting early in the morning. He didn't take it well when I came in late. I had to run a lap around the soccer field in my school uniform.

I could use a shower by now.

"Mauricio?" Maddie's voice and her hand smacking my arm bring me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry. I was thinking about how I have to drive the kids back home."

She sighs and leans back onto her chair, "And the worst part is you have to also take Malia." I roll my eyes at her bitter tone and cross my arms over my chest.

"Please, we both know Malia isn't a problem. She may be a sarcastic brat but she knows not to cause trouble."

Maddie snorts, "I don't know what's your definition of trouble, but—" She raises her eyebrows and widens her eyes. I know what she means by her facial movements. She's telling me that Malia has always been a bad definition of trouble, not the good kind.