ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Seven

Song: Leaving Tonight

By: The Neighbourhood

Dedicated to: Amqle! I love watching anime with you!

I watch Malia get inside Mark's car and drive away

My heart going with her.

Fuck, we're not doing this today. We're not going to pity ourselves.

I sit back down on the chair and try to read my book. Distracting myself from the familiar feeling of being so close to Malia. The tension circles us once again, suffocating us until we break it.

The sound of everyone laughing and talking distracts me from the ache in my heart. And from being able to concentrate on reading my book.

A huff leaves me before I stand up and head to the backyard. I find Loui and Christian cuddled up together with a towel wrapped around them.

"Bro, where the hell have you been? We went to go get a drink and suddenly you were gone." Christian puts his hands up in confusion and I half shrug, "I told you guys I wasn't in the party mood. I came because Remi is my friend and she wanted me here."

Loui snorts, "Remi wanted presents, not you."

True, she did.

"Whatever. Where's Elias and Josie?" I sit down next to them on the beach chair and lay my book on my chest.

"They went home. You didn't see them leave? Malia and Mark left too."

I nod my head slowly and feel my heart break into pieces at the thought of Malia.

Malia fucking Hernandez.

The one person who can't leave both my mind and soul.

I came back here to distract myself from her and yet we're back to square one.