ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Four

Song: Eko

By: Coldplay

Dedicated to: Spoony, who's been having a rough week. This chapter is for you bby. I hope it all gets better from now on.

 I hope it all gets better from now on

I wake up to the beautiful sound of my parents fighting once again

I wake up to the beautiful sound of my parents fighting once again. Same old morning at the Reyes household.

"Estoy cansada de esto!"

"Entonces vete! Nadie te va a rogar para que te quedes aquí!"

"Solo cállate y vete a la cama." Mama's footsteps are heard from outside my door.

I sort of regret telling mama about how Malia had to help me bring in Papa on Tuesday. They've been arguing all week about it and every time it's brought up, Papa kept saying I was a liar.

He was too drunk to remember so I don't blame him for thinking I'm a liar.

God, I wish we could go back to before grandpa Reyes died. Back to when everything was normal and Papa wasn't drinking.

Papa started drinking right after grandpa Reyes died. Papa regretted not talking to grandpa Reyes before he died. It took a toll on Papa and ever since he's turned to drinking for the pain. They both stopped talking right after Angelina was born. Grandpa Reyes had refused Papa on loaning money when Papa wanted to own a bar.

Which by the way was a very stupid idea. My papa was a drug addict during his teens. Grandpa sent him to rehab. It only worked for the drugs, not the drinking. And so, at the beginning of his adulthood that's when grandpa Reyes sent him to rehab, he didn't take it seriously. Once Papa was out he started drinking again. The third time he was sent to rehab was when mama found out she was pregnant with me and grandpa Reyes wanted for me to have a sober father. That didn't work out as we all can see.

Grandpa Reyes and my papa were very close through the years. Papa would be the one to take me to grandpa Reyes' house. Not once did we pass a weekend to hang out with grandpa Reyes. It was until papa started drinking when mama started taking me to grandpa Reyes' house.