ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Three

Song: Pony

By: Ginuwine

Dedicated to: Vanesa, she loves hearing my rants of my books.

A big part of me wishes I faked a sickness to get out of this

I chugged down another beer and tried to at least get myself a bit tipsy so all this can be bearable.

The boys are playing outside while we girls are inside getting our spa on. It seemed like a great idea at first to get myself relaxed but the girls keep talking about Easton and Jianna being together after he leaves for college. Josie keeps looking over at me with a worried look and I'm sure she knows how annoyed I'm getting.

"Will you be doing acrylic nails?" The nail tech, Daisy, asks me and I shake my head, "My coach will kill me if she saw me with fake nails. Thank you, though." She nodded her head and kept painting my toenails white.

"So, Malia—" Jianna's friend, Wynter, looks over at me, "—how did Mauricio and you start dating?"

Did I seriously get asked that?

I'm not dating—right, never mind. I forgot about the fake dating.

I shrugged my shoulders as Daisy slipped on my sandals, "One day we hated each other and the next we're dating. It happens."

It's the best I could come up with.

The girls look at me weirdly before shrugging their shoulders and going back to their conversations.

Glad that's over.

After a while, everyone is done with their mani-pedis and we're being escorted by Jianna to the living room where we'll dry off for a bit before heading to the pool.

"You know what's a great idea while we wait? Let's play truth or dare. Get the guys inside!" One of Jianna's friends beams beside me and I mentally groan.