ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Two

Song: 23

By: Chase Atlantic

Dedicated to: Myself, I am so proud of myself for my growth!

"Let's go, Mauricio!" I yell at the top of my lungs as I wave a poster in the air

"Let's go, Mauricio!" I yell at the top of my lungs as I wave a poster in the air. Mauricio looks up at me from the court and gives me a wave. I wave back and smile at him.

I almost feel like a middle schooler who's cheering on her boyfriend for the first time.

It's a great feeling.

Well, he isn't my boyfriend but he is mine.

I cross my fingers and hold my arm up so he can see it.

"Do you think we'll win?" Mauricio asks as I slip on his old jersey from freshmen year. I nod my head and say, "Yes, of course, you guys will win. I know you will."

He grabs my waist and pulls me against him.

"You going to wish me luck, my butterfly?"

"I'll be blowing you a kiss from the stands," I said while demonstrating how I'll do it. He laughs and shakes his head, "Easton and everyone else who doesn't know about us will probably see that. How about we...uh––cross our fingers as a sign of good luck?"

It's such a smart idea.

"I guess you are all smart. But I'm still winning the valedictorian spot."

And he says, "You wish."

Josie tugs on my jersey which brings me out of my thoughts. I sit back down next to her and put the poster in front of my feet.

"What was that all about?" She asks and I chuckle, "It was our way of saying good luck." She calls us cheesy and I slightly push her a bit.