ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-One

Song: Ferrari

By: The Neighbourhood 

Dedicated to: Yesenia, Rosa, and Darya 

Mauricio hasn't been in school for the past week

The teachers said he was out sick and made sure to make me take his homework. But when I tried to give the homework to him myself...Reuben told me he wasn't home in a week.

I wonder where he is and if he's okay.

I've been calling and texting him but nothing is returned.

Where did you go, Mauricio?

He's bound to show up today regardless. It is the championship game for boys' soccer.

The bell rings and everyone is off to lunch. I'm one of the last ones to leave, taking my time to gather my things.

I end up finding my friends at our lunch table, everyone is getting themselves ready for tonight's game. Showing their support with face paints and jerseys.

I was hesitant about wearing Mauricio's jersey today but we are friends. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it.

Right?

Ugh, my mind has been all crazy ever since the last time we talked. The night he tried to tell me that he still loved me.

To keep things on the down low though I made sure to stay on the casual side. Light makeup and a simple ponytail. Nothing that will get me any attention.

"Not eating today?" Josie comes to sit next to me with her plate and I shake my head, "Too nervous. Has Elias heard from him?"

Josie shakes her head no.

So, he hasn't contacted anyone. Hopefully, he at least let his mom know where he went.