ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Four

Song: Enchanted 

By: Taylor Swift

Dedicated to: My High School Group <3

"You seriously haven't asked her? It's the day of prom

"You seriously haven't asked her? It's the day of prom." Reuben raises an eyebrow at me, "Malia and I agreed there was no need for it. She's my girlfriend and that automatically makes her my prom date." I shrugged while buttoning my white shirt.

I hear Mama call our names and I quickly finish getting ready.

We head downstairs to find Angelina and my mom waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs.

My little sister has the corsage I bought for Malia in her hands while Reuben goes to grab the bouquet I got yesterday.

"Samuel said Malia is ready. So, we need to head over there now." Mama smiles at me before taking a deep breath in and grabbing my face.

"You look very handsome and I promise I wouldn't cry."

"Well, you look like you're about to break that promise." I point out the small tears in her eyes.

We laugh together as she lets go of me to wipe away her tears.

"Okay, let's go." She gathers her purse and camera.

Angelina and Reuben are the first ones out the door.

But before Mama and I fully leave the house, I grab her by the arm and ask, "Does he even know?"

Papa. She knows I'm talking about him.

A small shake of her head and the tears threatening to spill once again is enough confirmation for me.

"Miguel––" I cut her off when I say, "It's okay. He tried to be better and it didn't stick. No more second, or third chances. It is what it is. He made his choice and we have to live with that."