at the beach

"Looks like you got a new neighbor babe" You hear your blonde friend say and you turn to face her. "He looks odd, maybe about our age?" You calculated and your peers in the back exchanged looks. "That guy is definitely older than us" Taishiro assured you and you hummed in acknowledgment.

"So we drinking tonight?" Hawks suggests and everyone cheers, except for you. You shook your head in hesitance and your boyfriend frowned in return. "C'mon, a little won't hurt anybody babe" He insisted with a kind tone but you physically couldn't accept. It's not because you detested alcohol or anything, but your dad wouldn't be too happy, and you didn't wanna upset him by any means.

You looked down and felt Hawks's hand pet your head. "Your dad is the chillest person ever, plus you'll be sober by the time we return" He reassures you, with his free hand on the steering wheel. "I'm good, thank you~" You regain your charisma and plant a kiss on his cheek, the guys in the back all make cheesy sounds and phrases that make you laugh.

The day at the beach went pretty smoothly, your friends as usual roamed around tipsy, but your boyfriend stayed sober. He was so good to you and understanding too. You rested on his chest tanning as he traced little circles around your stomach.

"Hey, (y/n)?"

You shifted your eyes at him as he looked down. "Yeah?" You asked back moving around to get more comfortable. "That guy that moved in next you.. he looks like bad news" He spoke and you couldn't help but giggle. "You jelly?" You teased and he laughed back, he could never admit to things like that. "You know what I mean, whatever I know you won't do anything rash" The blonde-haired boy told you and the conversation came to an end. You were curious as to why he would mention that all of a sudden, but you knew better than to meddle with some guy with scars all over his body. Right?

After leaving everyone at their houses, Hawks stopped at your place. "I won't stay since I have to catch up with college stuff, is that alright?" He asked gently tangling his hands in your hair, which was, as usual, in a ponytail. "Of course, I have to do the same, I'll text you when I'm done" You let him know as you slowly pick up your items and open the door. "Say hi to your dad for me, yeah?" you nodded with a smile and gave him a goodbye kiss before hopping off. He waved back and drove off almost instantly, leaving you back into your humble abode.

You turn your eyes slowly to your new neighbor's house. The lights were off already and it was barely 8 p.m. Your eyes scanned the rest of the place and locked on the sight of a motorcycle, was that his? You shook your head and entered. Arriving at your room, you dropped your bags and enter the shower to wash off all sand that was still on you. Shortly after, you hear a loud engine from the outside of your home, so you cover yourself in a towel and run over to your window.

A black van had pulled up in front of your neighbor's house, playing loud rock music as if one had headphones on. You tilted her head to get a better view and that's when you spot the guy from this morning walkout. Before entering, he looks around and somehow looks up at you. You noticed it was because your light was on and bright enough to catch his attention. You cover your mouth in shock and step away, still have a little view of the road. You noticed he looked away and got into the vehicle. Once the noises became faint you fell on the bed, still a bit shocked about what had just happened. You were filled with embarrassment. I hope I never have to see him again.