old habits

song: weston road flows by drake

"What..? The cemetery?!"

"Relax, I'm not gonna kill you or anything"

Now was a good moment to begin second guessing things. A cemetery? What would he want to do in a cemetery? "Dabi, can we please go somewhere else.. you're not making a good first impression" You asked, closing your legs together and looking the other way. However, you said it too late, because he already parked into said location.

"Just trust me, okay?"

You hesitantly nodded, opening the door and stepping out quickly. The place was gloomy, dark, and you if thought hard enough it even had a sort of mist hovering around it. Not exactly first date material.

The two of you walked beside each other in silence as you looked through the graveyard. "Is there something in particular you want me to see?" You asked, your hands tied to your back. "I don't know.. maybe" His answers were starting to get more and more shadier, but maybe that's how he was. You swallowed your fear and proceeded to walk around.

"Ah, this is my mother's grave, she passed away when I was young" You commented, fingertips brushing the cold stone. And instead of saying, I know, Dabi replied with "I'm sorry for your loss, do you have any memories with her?". The question at first striked you as weird, but then you thought you were just exaggerating things, the guy was nice and you were being paranoid.

"No, I don't remember a lot"

Dabi hummed in acknowledgement, and waited for you to keep walking. It was quiet and peaceful, however the boy tried to keep himself together as he realized you even lost youthful memories, the ones you tried so hard to recover.

And all of a sudden, they stop, and you see him stand in front of a specific grave. He didn't look as  nice as he did before, maybe he lost a loved one? "Dabi, do you need a moment?" You asked shyly, looking around to not stare at him for long. "No, you can stay" He said and you went to stand by his side, you read the name of the grave.

"...Who's Touya?"

Dabi suddenly crouched down, his knees to his chest and face buried within. Oh no... did I mess up again. "I can't do this.." He mumbled to himself and you squatted down to talk to him. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say something out of line" You apologized and tried to comfort him, but was too scared to touch him.

"You really... don't remember me, do you princess?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"(Y/n), I'm Tou-No forget it, I'm gonna freak you out even more"

You watch him stand back up, wiping his tears from his face, sniffing and looking away so you couldn't see. "You're Touya? But Touya's dead, it says so right here" You stated, pointing at said grave. "If you'd remember me.. you'd know the answer to that question" He said, starting feel drops of water come from the sky, great, rain.

"No, I don't remember you! If I rejected you or something back in middle then I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are! And now you're telling me you're not Dabi, and that you're some dead guy? Not to mention that you asked me out to go to a cemetery! You're a freak"

Watching you blow up in his face was definitely one of the most messed up things he's had to face in his entire life. The girl who was once yelling and confessing their love to him was now calling him a freak, a total stranger.

"I'm calling the police" You reached out for you phone and Dabi sighed. "Don't call the police, I'll take you home" He gestured his hands for you to but the phone down and proceeded to follow him to the car. "If you do or ask something else that feels even a little bit shady I'm calling the cops" You stated as you put in your seatbelt. Dabi did not respond until he dropped you off at your house.

"Sorry for scaring you off"

"Why did you bring me there? Out of all places, most importantly, why are you saying I don't remember anything?"

"I don't want you to call the cops"

"Just tell me so I can sleep in peace"

He took in a deep breathe before addressing the whole situation. You weren't upset, but you were confused. You also noticed that he had been crying in silence, his puffy eyes evident. He was clearly hurting, you just didn't understand why.

"We.. uh.. we used to be in a relationship, well-not a relationship per say, it was more like—fuck, okay yes it was a relationship"

"What? No we didn't"

"Well of course you're not gonna remember, you passed out"

"I didn't pass out, stop spewing nonesense"

"If this is the last chance I get to talk to you like this, I'm gonna tell you everything"

You remained in your seat, staying quiet and passing the baton to Dabi so he could explain himself. You were in complete denial, your thoughts ran wild. And so Dabi told you everything, in a nutshell basically, and you watched him slowly crumble down before you, his palms on his face.

"But that..never happened.. I'm sorry, but I don't remember-"

"You don't fucking remember because you erased your memories!"

"Don't yell at me.."

You shifted your body farther and farther away from the boy, now completely sticking to the door. He saw you scared, frightened at his aggressive remarks. Activating his instincts, the black haired boy reached out a hand out for you. "Please, don't touch me".

Dabi took his hand back, rubbing his eyes so he could stop the tears. He found it humiliating, the first time he was crying in front of you and you didn't even remember him. "Get out" Dabi stated coldly, looking away because it pained him to see you. "Get out of my car" He repeated and you opened the door and shut it closed, not bothering to tell him anything else.

Great, how am I going to get to my room. When you looked back at Dabi's car, it wasn't there anymore. He.. left? But he lives right here... It was a tuesday night, and he was going out? You clearly didn't know that this was a habit for him.

After a difficult time with a latter, you managed to climb up to your room, dusting off your clothes. You looked at yourself in the mirror, scanning the shirt that he pointed out looked a lot like one he used to have. You assumed the after hearing his crazy story, it was actually his. Taking off the shirt, you fold it and sit down to look at it. Touching it, you get another sharp pain in the pack of your head.

"Is he saying the truth..?" You whispered to yourself, crawling into your bed and clutching the shirt close to your chest. "Why can't I remember..?" You continued to speak, eventually falling asleep.

"Are you sure you're alright Dabi? We can talk about it if you like" Toga pouted, sipping on her whiskey in the private lounge. "I really don't wanna tell the same devastating story twice in a night, another time" He answer his best friend, watching the ladies pull in.

"Is it (Y/n)?"

"Yeah, it's always (Y/n)"

The blonde was concerned, concerned that she hadn't seen you in a couple of weeks. Dabi's change of attitude was obvious too. And she guessed that two of you were over, but he wasn't sleeping around with other women. That was until tonight. "Is that chick hot? Would you fuck her?" His raspy voice asks and Toga shoots a look at him, "you're ending your streak tonight? Bummer---and yeah, she's hot".

Without another word, he got up from the couch and walked over to the girl in question, grabbing her by the hips and whispering something to her ear. And after a short while, he walked out with the woman, Toga sighed. "I really hope you're okay, Dabi".