golden boy

A week had flown by, and you promised yourself you would dedicate your time to getting ready for school and Hawks, of course. It was your senior year and although it was the last time you would see all your classmates, deep down you weren't so worried. Spending all this time locked up in your house has made you forget about the silly situation with your neighbor. To be honest, you had forgotten you even had a new neighbor, to begin with.

"(Y/n), you there?)"

You flickered your eyes and snapped out of your daydreaming. You were now in your senior uniform, listening to the radio as your boyfriend drove the both of you to school. "Sorry, just thinking~" He smiles as a response and parks swiftly in the lot. About to open the door, he stops you, gets out, and opens the door for you. He was always so good to you, treated you like a princess. You accepted his generous gesture and got down, your ponytail moving side to side in the process.

Hawks was in one word, perfect. Those red wings could brighten up anyone's day. Keigo Takami was labeled as the "golden boy" of your class, and you were lucky to be with him. He had polished grades, captain of the sports team, the life of the party, he had everything going for him. His parents were CEOs, so he lived the lavish life, not to mention they donated to the school, keeping him on their good side. Everyone loved him.

As both of you walk in, you glance at a motorcycle, and it sparks a memory in your head. It's the same motorcycle. Your lips parted to say something but stop, you denied the fact that your neighbor could be here, you denied it till the end.

"There's our daddy's girl!" Rumi called you out and you chuckled nervously. You really hated that nickname, but it was out of your hands. "Can't believe you guys didn't go out at all last week, first semester is always the worst" Yu commented and Taishiro popped up on the side.

This was your circle of friends. They all came from good and well-known families as well, that's how you became so close. These people had been through thick and thin with you. On top of that, they were just like you, overachievers who were aiming for the best of the best universities. However, keeping up this preppy attitude all the time tired you in a way you could never explain.

You went back to a state of daydreaming and let your friends carry the conversation until they entered the classroom. They all sat down, yourself included, and you sighed heavily before taking out your books and whatnot. Time in classes happened to flash by before your very eyes because it had already been the last period, AP psych, in which you were taking with Yu. You hadn't shown it on your face, but you were bored as hell. You thanked god you needed to go to the bathroom on time and asked for permission to leave. Once it was granted, you bolted out and walked to the stalls faster than you could think. Afterward, you cleaned yourself up and headed back to the classroom, a little sad because you expected that break to be longer. On your way there, you look up at the figure in front of you and it startled you immensely.

"Ah!-"

"You're the girl that lives next door aren't you?"

You blinked twice before taking a good look at him, now that you had him up close and personal. Your eyes studied him carefully, paying close attention to his staples and burn marks all the way to his cyan colored eyes. Wait. Those eyes.

"You're.. the guy who moved in"

"I'm guessing that's a yes then"

Your breathing began to lose its pattern hearing his voice. You hadn't given much thought to how he would sound, but it wasn't like this at all. You chewed the inside of your mouth as you continued to glare at each other.

"Um.. I gotta get to class, goodbye now" You tell him but he doesn't give you a different expression than the one who he has on now. Your legs manage to move on their own and you return to the classroom. I was right.. he's my age.. and goes to my school. Why did I just leave him there all awkward? Oh my god.

The sound of the ringing bell alerts you that's it finally time to leave and return to your cozy room, but your friends had other plans in mind. You walked out alongside Yu, she was babbling about some guy she had been talking to, but you honestly couldn't concentrate. You finally meet up with Hawks again, brushing his hands through his hair. "Hey baby.. I'm really exhausted.. can you take me home..?" You pleaded with those adorable puppies he always loved, but this time it didn't work. "I have a meeting with my coach (y/n).. don't you have a model UN meeting today?" You frowned and shook your head, you clarified that those started next week. Turning your head, you looked at Rumi who was scrolling through her phone, and noticed the pair of eyes on her.

"sorry (y/n), I gotta hit the gym, no days off! You're welcomed to join me! Call your dad maybe?" You chuckled at the comment and sighed, you had to accept the only option you had, wait until late. This usually didn't bother you, but today you felt different. After a while, everyone parted their ways and you stayed in Hawks's jeep, reviewing your notes from today. You moved the car so it would be closer to his location so that once he left you could immediately leave. One thing led to another, and you eventually fell asleep on the driver's seat.

Knock, knock, knock. Am I in a dream? Hold on...

Your eyes widen at the sight of the black-haired boy you met earlier. You swallowed dry and pulled down the window to hear him. "Hi.. um.. can I help you with anything?" You managed to ask him and he pierced your soul once again with his eyes. "Yeah, you're blocking my exit" He rested his arms on the car, his face now closer to yours. "Oh, I'm sorry, let me just park somewhere else" You apologized quickly and shifted to drive. "Why can't you just drive off?" He speaks again and you turned to him. "This.. isn't.. I'm waiting for someone to take me home" You explain and he hums deeply in acknowledgment.

"I'll give you a ride then"

".. Excuse me?"

"I said I'll give you a ride home if that's the case"

As much as you wanted to accept this offer, you knew you had to turn it down. How were you going to explain to Hawks your sudden absence? He had been waiting for you. You imagine a text wouldn't hurt, and it seemed like he wasn't coming back anytime soon.

"Okay"

"Cool, just park somewhere else"

You nod and roll up the window again. Once the jeep changes parking, you carry all your stuff and follow the mysterious boy to his ride. Oh right, I'm riding on that motorcycle. You gulped in a hint of intimidation and he noticed. "What? Never seen a motorcycle?" He snaps at you. "On second thought.. I'll stay here, bikes aren't my thing," You said in a polite manner and brought your head back. "Suit yourself then," He said before plugging on his helmet and leaving the scene. Well, that was quick. He didn't even try to convince me.