essay

"I'm home!" Is the first thing you say once you step foot into your front door, your hands carrying your bags. The door opens short after to show your dad still in his medical clothes and a contempt face, "You're back" he cheers and lets you in, Dabi behind you.

"Thank you for taking care of my daughter" He says to Dabi, who was setting down the remaining of your things but not entering the house. It was funny how all of the sudden he respected their privacy even though you've snuck him in several times.

"My pleasure sir, I'll be going now"

"Wait, I was just ordering dinner, would you like to join us?"

You walked over to stand next to your father, also a bit surprised that he himself invited Dabi over for dinner. "Um.. sure" He accepted and walked inside. You stared at him, thinking holy shit my dad's going to demolish him..You were afraid mostly because your father had approved of Hawks only, and thought he was the standard for all boyfriend, however was proven wrong until recently.

After waiting, the food came in and the three of you sat on the long table. Your dad asked about the trip, and of course you two tell him everything, and leave out the unfavorable details. He also reflects on what he's done, storytelling funny anecdotes from the office and his blind dates.

"Anyways, did you meet a nice fellow over there?"

"Oh, well.."

"You did? Do tell"

"Well actually" you gulped and looked over at Dabi, who was lazy eyed and focusing on his plate of food. "Actually..?" Your father noticed your pause and repeated. You softly nugded Dabi's rib and he looks forward.

"What?" The boy asked, noticing the shove you gave him. God we really have no other choice.

"Me and Dabi are dating"

The look on your dad's face was unreadable, which scared you immensely. You chuckled nervously and tapped your finger on the table. "Since when?" He asked, rather intrigued with this new piece of information. "Actually, since left for the trip.. just thought we should tell you" You confessed and Dabi still wouldn't say anything, he almost looked.. upset. Why is he upset? I only did what was necessary.

"Normally I'd be freaking out, but you've shown several times how you've cared for my daughter, so thank you" He praises once again, Dabi giving him a small smile along with a nod. After a bit more of talking, your father went upstairs to catch on some sleep, leaving you to clean the kitchen with Dabi.

"Are you upset?"

"No"

"Stop touching your knuckles then"

"We haven't even been together for a week, and your father already knows?"

"Do you think we aren't gonna last?"

"You're moving too fast, I don't like that"

"Are you scared?"

"I mean I did tell you from the start that I don't do this, but I broke that rule for you, I'd expect you to take things a lil slower"

"He was going to find out anyways"

You were dry, a little ticked off Dabi sounded like you forced him into this. The reality of the matter was that you ready to be rejected and never see him again, but didn't want to lose you, so turned to this alternative, and you never sat down once to think.

Is he staying with me because he genuinely likes me?

Or because he doesn't wanna stop sleeping with me?