a visit

There was something eerie about visiting your dead mother's grave, even though you barely remember her. And if it were up to you, you would save yourself the time and not got, but for the sake of your father, you obliged.

You were dressed in a coat and a thick skirt, along with some white sneakers. Instant regret rushed through your body noticing how the sky was now pouring. "Lighten up (y/n), I brought an umbrella" Your father spoked as you watched through the window.

"How's Hawks?" the words made you straightened your back. "We're good, he was visiting his grandparents today" You updated and sighed.

It had been a handful of days since you last argued with your boyfriend. You thought, he's been apologizing a lot and giving me my space, so why not. You began to spend time with him again, since Dabi was no longer around.

More dense silence took over. You didn't like talking to your dad when visiting your mother, scared of breaking down in front of him. Finally arriving, the both of you walked over slowly to your destination. Your left hand carried flowers, which you weren't sure if they were her favorites, correction, you don't remember. And your right hand was locked with your dad's, whom you could feel the uneasiness rise in him.

The cemetery was empty today, not many people see their late loved ones on a Friday, a rainy friday at that. However, you spotted a male figure in the distance, standing in front of a grave. 

You never failed to tear up a little at the sight of this. You could not find it in yourself to speak or talk. On the other side, you father wouldn't stop rambling about what has happened, as if they were on a call. The sight made you even more sentimental, hence why you had to go on a walk.

The ponytail on your hair was now completely drenched, and your sneakers no longer "white" how you liked them. You stood apart from the male figure, who hadn't move from the original position you found him in. The curiousity in you sparked and wanted to read the name on the stone.

Touya Todoroki

"I'm sorry for your loss" You told the man.

"No, I hated him anyway"

That voice..

"Dabi?"

"(Y/n), didn't think I'd see you in a cemetery"

"We've had crazier places"

Now knowing it was your close neighbor, you walked closer to be beside him. He was in a casual suit, too polished for Dabi. He held a cigarette up his lips and glanced at you.

"So, who's this Touya, if I can ask?" You shyly say, playing with your hands.

"Nobody important, just some loser"

"Well he's obviously important, why else would you be visiting?"

"Just like to laugh at his face, so he can see where I am now"

"Sounds like you have some bad blood"

He only chuckled. You could notice his noise obviously raspy from the nicotine stick. Maybe you shouldn't ask anymore, because perhaps this person really is more than just a "loser". "What brings you here" He asks, not changing his position. "My dad and I are visiting my mom" You said bluntly, staring at the floor. Rain took over the wave of silence that came afterwards.

"Can you do me a favor, princess?"

"Yeah?"

"Never use your quirk on me again, I don't like people figuring me out"

You gulped hearing his orders. Of course you weren't going to reject this, you hated your quirk. But it wasn't in your power to control this ability of yours. "I'll try, trust me it's not like I want to" You threw in dark humor and chuckled.

"Are you seeing your boyfriend today?" He asks abruptly and you finally face him. Your face grew hot, knowing fully well why he asked you. "Maybe yes, maybe no" You teased, trying to soften things up.

" I don't like beating around the bush, princess"

"No, I'm not" You sharpened your voice and he smirked. "Make sure you're at your house by 10" He tells you and you nod. Great, I at least thought he would take me around or something.

"Can we do something now? Like I don't know, lunch or something?"

"Uh.. I think that's what your boyfriend's for"

Ouch, that one definitely hurt. Why am I so dumb sometimes? You shouldn't be expecting to go on dates with this guy!

You laughed nervously, holding your hands together. "(y/n)! I'm done! Let's go grab dinner" Your father calls out. "See you..tonight?" You chirped, your eyes sparkling, and he reassured you.

Dinner was nice, it's been a while since spending quality time with your only parent. Sometimes you two would make jokes about the past, and talk about how your mother would've been like.

"And how are the applications going?"

"Almost done.. still have to work on my essay"

"Have you looked at other colleges?"

"Hm.. No, still aiming for that top"

He gives you a smile and drinks from his wine glass. Your father never wanted you to feel pressured when it came to school, it was you would tortured yourself. And again, you would rather die than disappoint him.

"Hey dad" You could feel a lump on your throat forming. "Yes?" He looked at you, slicing up another piece of his steak. "You know Dabi.. um you talked to him that one time" You tested the waters first. He nodded, throwing you a questioning look.

"You didn't he look familiar?"

"He did, but he told me he didn't know me prior to the move in"

"He lied"

"What do you mean, dear?"

"Back when mom was alive, we found him on the street, with burns, and he had white hair"

"You did? With your mother?"

"Mhm.. and then we took to him home and treated him"

"How do you know this"

The question made you sweat. You couldn't say, oh I was at his house about hookup and then accidentally looked at that memory. "We were talking and I accidentally activated my quirk one time" You briefly explained, moving your food around with the fork. "Oh? Did he know this?" He questioned you again.

"That's the thing, he acted like he just recognized me from that one time.. I think when I used this power, everyone who also had a memory of me was dissolved as well"

"Wow"

"Sorry for getting so serious, I just wanted to let you know and observation I did recently"

And just like that, the conversation moved on to another topic. Dessert arrived, and you two exited the expensive restaurant. You were excited with Dabi's arrival, it was now 9 p.m.. You didn't have to worry about your dad, he was a heavy sleeper, not that that had anything to do.

You arrived and gave yourself a deep bath, possibly a deeper one than the time with Hawks. You washed your hair and let it down, threw on a thin soft shirt along with some booty shorts. I mean, this is my home, I can be comfortable.

Once again, you sprayed his perfume all over. Apart from the fact that Dabi loves it, you genuinely liked it too. The smell was welcoming and sweet, two words you guess can be used to describe yourself.

And then 10 p.m. came.

11 p.m.

12 a.m.

There was no sign of Dabi.