pulse

song: thnks fr th mmrs by fall out boy

"Stop being dramatic- what are you doing?" You choked on your words and you watch him place his ear against your chest. "(Y/n), you're.. your heartbeat is going insane.. we need to get you to a hospital or something" He whispered and you pushed him away. "For fuck sakes, I'm fine! Can't you see?" Your lips pulled on the cigarette, blowing a cloud of smoke in his face, "Besides, my dad doesn't want me out of the house".

"Goddamnit, stop it!" He yelled and closed the door behind him. Dabi slapped your wrist away, the cigarette falling from you fingers and stomped on by his foot. "What the hell? Fuck's your problem now?" You clicked your tongue and asked him in irritation.

"Look at you! You're falling apart!"

You stayed quiet, looking at him lose control for the first time in your life. "Did you just come here to tell me that? I swear all of you are the same" You rolled your eyes and turned around, walking to the kitchen. "Why didn't you tell me you got in?"

"I didn't tell anyone"

"Why?"

"Because I didn't okay?"

The both of you now heated, he looked at you confused, "Are you serious? That's all you're gonna tell me? After we've gone through this shit mess, your words not mine, you're not gonna talk?". You were surprised that Dabi was even raising his voice, it wasn't like him to lose control.

"It's my choice if I wanna tell you things!"

"You keep pushing me away, what happened? now that you're studying abroad you don't need me anymore?"

"I never said that... It's not like that at all"

"Really? Fuck.. why am I even arguing with you, it's like talking to a wall"

"Excuse me?"

"It's always about you! Even when you thought I was cheating you didn't even gave me a chance to explain, you let it all go away!"

"Dabi-"

"No, (Y/n) I needed you, I needed you and you made it all about yourself"

"What about me? I'm literally hurting everyday because I've been in a one-sided relationship this entire time"

"One-sided? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Am I wrong? Prove it then, say you love me"

He couldn't say it. He felt it on the tip of his tongue but nothing more. He'd convinced himself he was incapable of feeling such things. And even if you might've meant the world to him, he still couldn't say the one thing that would've solved everything.

"I can't" He said and felt his shoulders drop. In an instant, a wave of fear and sadness, you began to cry. You ached, longed, and would've died for him, a man who couldn't even admit his feelings to you, if he even had any. He was so complex and complicated, you began to second guess.

"Well, if it fuels your fucking ego, I didn't tell you I got in because I don't wanna leave this shit hole, I wanna stay here with you"

"What? Why the fuck would you do that?"

"Because I love you, Touya Todoroki"

You pointed at you face and then opened your arms, looking at Dabi. He was in shock that you called out his name like that, he knew you had gone completely off the rails, maybe it was too late. "(Y/n), don't do that, I fucking hate that name"

"Yeah? Well I fucking hate you"

"Why the hell did I think this would ever work, even after a second chance we still fuck it up!"

"Tch, tell me about it"

"I hope you get the fuck out of this country, it would make my life so much easier!"

"Tell me about it!"

"Fuck you!" The both you yelled at the same time. "This is fucking over!" Dabi yelled, his voice raspy and deep. "I don't wanna see your stupid face ever again, you hear me?" You yelled back and followed him to the door. "Loud and clear, you fucking bitch". He didn't want to fight, he just want you in his arms.

Then... everything started going slow.

Your vision became blurry.

"Wait.. Dabi"

Your voice was suddenly weak and soft, you sounded scared. "Dabi, Dabi, Dabi" You repeated over and over, stumbling over and placing a hand to the wall to hold yourself. Dabi quickly threw all his anger out the window once he saw your new state. "What? What's wrong baby? Princess?" He asked frantically trying to grab you. Your eyes were shaking, head throbbing in pain, and your chest tighten. "I can't s-see.. oh my god I think I'm dying" You mumbled, your voice still trembling. Dabi held you and lightly hit your face in an attempt to snap you out of it.

"Oh shit, fuck.. I don't feel good.. Dabi" You sobbed and clutched onto him. "Fuck-fuck, okay—let's go" He desperately grabbed his keys and carried you limp body to his car. He opened the door and sat you there, and grew terrified of how your eyes were rolling back, body going into a spasm.

"Baby, look at me, please? Look at me we're fine, you're right, we're fine"

Your mouth hung open, and you were already close to losing all type of function within you. "Stay with me baby, we're fine, okay? You're not going anywhere" He said before running back to the driver's seat and starting the car and bolting to the nearest hospital. During the whole ride, he grabbed your hand, counting your pulsing like his life depended on it.

Thump, thump, thump

"Mr. (L/n), h-hello, I went to visit your daughter and she's.. she's not okay, please meet me in the hospital.. yes she's here with me, you're still at you're office? Okay I'll meet you there" He hung up and recklessly parked his car.

Thump, thump, thump.

Dabi would be lying if he said he wasn't on the verge of tears because of you. But this wasn't the right moment, not when you were in passenger's seat, in a critical seat. "Princess" He spoke, the grip on your hand tightening, if that was even possible.

Thump, thump..

Until the pulse came to a stop.