sleepover

"Your dad wouldn't like that"

"Who said he had to know"

Dabi finally pulled away and looked at you. The look on his face was painful, his eyes were puffy, probably from quietly crying, and he was very pale. He sniffed and looked down at his feet.

"U-Unless you wanna pass by the Wave for some drinks? Or maybe smoke in the parking lot of the movie theatre-"

"Your place is fine"

You smiled and hung your hands on his shoulders. He turned to face you again, "you need to get something before we go?" you asked. He shook his head and got up, you guided him inside your home quietly, your hands still locked with his.

You knew your father was in his usual deep sleep, so this should be an easy task. He scanned through the inside of your home, still feeling strange entering it. "Snacks?" you asked cheerfully was you made your way into the extensive kitchen. "Dark chocolate" He spoke dryly and you went through the cabinets for his treats, and grabbed your preferred snacks and rushed upstairs.

Locking the door behind you, Dabi peeled off his shirt and sandals and dove into your silk sheets. "These smells too girly for me" he scoffed and changed positions. You only gave him a warm smile, he's talking again. You slid off your shoes and hopped in with him.

"Do you wanna.. talk about it?"

"No.. actually I was wondering if you could do something for me"

"Anything"

He looked deep into your eyes, his face inches away from yours. "Can you erase my memories from earlier? Or maybe change into something else?" He requested, brushing his hand through his stomach and the other on the back of his head.

"Are you sure? I mean my quirk is still pretty.. reckless"

"Do whatever the fuck you need to do, I'm only allowing it this time, so don't ruin it"

You sighed at his statement, you were scared of encountering with something bad or straight up ugly. Dabi is giving you permission to use your quirk on it, don't let him down! He's done enough for you as it is. You slowly nod and lightly touch his wrist while looking at him. Soon enough, your eyes begin to glow.

A red hair man appears, he's incredibly big and buff... very scary looking man. He was sitting alongside a white hair woman... Dabi's mother.

"We have a change of plans, after graduating highschool, you're working with me"

"Like hell I am"

"What did you just say to me son?"

You see his mother stop the man from getting up. "Mom, tell him I applied to a couple of universities" She remained silent. It was obvious she grew different around his father's presence, because she was nothing like the day you met her in the house-warming party.

"I'm not going to invest in your studies if you're gonna end up dropping out, you're working in my firm and that's it"

"I'm not a kid anymore"

"Do you want me to remind you who's the man of this house?"

Rei's grip on his was let go of abruptly and he stomped over to his son. His body engulfed in bright flames, he kicked Dabi in the stomach. "You're still the same lowlife as before, look at you" He spat and continued to kick him, Dabi still on the floor. His mother ran over to stop them from arguing but got pushed away.

"I own you, you little brat!"

After being beaten up, he weakly got up, but was pushed down with the father's foot again. "Enji, that's enough!" Rei yells and helps Dabi. "You really think having a rebellious phase, escaping with your mother, and changing your name is going to make me go away?"

"Well think again, Touya"

And suddenly the memory was gone. "What the hell? You didn't do shit" He said in disbelief and you furrowed your brows. You couldn't erase his memory, crap. "I told you I still don't have a good control over this thing" You apologized and he just looked the other way.

"So you're.. Touya? the guy you visited at the cemetery that day, but how-"

"No questions, and thanks for not helping"

"Ugh, goodnight Dabi" You groaned and rolled to the other side, your back against him. He's back to his cold self...You felt useless not being able to help him, instead you managed to once again go into his memories and see a part of him he wished you hadn't seen.

Touya. The name trailed in your mind like an eternal echo. But it doesn't make sense, why is his name on a tombstone? He didn't die, oh god i'm getting so worked up for nothing.

"Sorry" You suddenly heard his deep voice talk again, but you didn't flinch. Jerk. "You tried your best, I guess I was hoping for-" your loud sigh stopped him, "it's okay, I'm used to failing people anyway, I wish I was better". There was a silence. Then you felt the bed move and suddenly his warm body was holding yours from behind.

"I said you did your best, don't be so rough on yourself"

"I thought only boyfriends do this"

"Fuck buddies can have sleepovers too"

You wiggled around to face him, his lazy eyes meeting yours. "Thanks for coming to my rescue" Dabi lowly whispered and you pulled a small smile. "It was nothing" You whispered back and he peppers your face with small kisses.

"I'm on my period remember?"

"Yeah, I wasn't looking to have sex"

"Oh"

The two of you slowly fell asleep, and fell into a deep slumber until the next day. You woke up alone in your bed, you whined at his absence, since you grew fond of his warm body. "I locked the door.. where the fuck did he.." You mumbled to yourself, scratching your eyes and spotting a note on your nightstand.

I saw you lock the door, guessing it's so your dad wouldn't barge in, you leave me no other choice but to jump through the window. Don't worry, I should be able to live, hope my bones don't let me down.

D

You put the note back and also noticed he left his shirt from last night. Sweet, free shirt. And so you properly woke yourself up in the morning and had breakfast. You automatically texted Dabi to see what plans you could do next, you even called him a few times. But no answer.

It was as if Dabi disappeared. You didn't hear of him for a few days.