confidentiality

"I'm exhausted, I'm tired of everything, life just feels so boring these days"

"What do you mean by boring??"

You didn't want to be here, but your dad insisted that it would be good. Your therapist looks at you, adjusting her glasses and crossing her legs. "I don't know, I don't feel anything towards things, like someone ripped the emotions from my body" You said in a monotone voice, your eye bags evident in the light above.

"Well, did somebody rip the emotions from your body?"

"You could say that"

"Dabi?"

"Isn't that a violation of confidentiality?"

You hear the lady laugh lowly, and sighed. "Well, all I'm going to say is that he's passed by a couple of times" She answered and you keep your stone face. "Your welcome for the client" You rolled you eyes. Who cares if he was still going to quirk therapy?

Was it because of you? Doubt it.

Was he hoping to meet you there? He doesn't care.

Perhaps he's having problems at his home, yeah, that sounds logical.

"Is there anyone new in your life, (y/n)?"

"I'm back with my ex"

"You guys talked things out?"

"More like fucked things out, why am I always using sex an escape route?"

"You're lucky I don't update these things with your father"

"Sorry, I'm a bit moody today?"

You observed as she jotted some things down and put the file down. She got down to lean her elbows and her knees. "Okay, let's have a real talk then, no bullshit therapy questions" She says. Sometimes your therapist would see you a bit on the edge, and throw the file out the window, metaphorically of course. She had a serious talk with you, without putting things on record.

"He cheated on me, Carmen, after all of the shit I went through"

"But you know he was bad for you, right? This was for the better"

"I enjoyed being with him, it was like I stepped out of this bubble that I was stuck in for so long"

"But he cheated"

"Has he asked about me?"

"No, and he didn't respond when I mentioned you"

"What a prick"

The therapist walked over to her desk and pulled out a box of cigarettes. She opened the window, and lighted up the nicotine stick. "It's his dad, he's gotten worse" She admits after exhaling. Shit. "I'm not even gonna ask if he's okay, that's pretty obvious" You answer, shifting your position on the chair. "And could you please not smoke that? At least give me a pass if you are"

"Did you start having those dreams again?"

"Yes"

"You know what means right? You have to be careful"

By dreams she meant the voices in your head that would pop up at night. They started ever since the incident with your dad, and stopped briefly when you met Dabi, not that he had anything to do with it...

"I should be fine though, I got those memories back"

"Have you been able to contact your mother again?"

"No, and I don't want to"

When you restored the memories, you remembered talking to your mother, for merely a couple of seconds. It felt real, too real, and your therapist believes that the memories you have of her have created a persona in your head.

"She was one stubborn bitch"

"Tell me about it, she killed herself"

"Don't say that (y/n)"

"What? You know it's true? For fucks sake you were her best friend"

"They found her under the bridge"

"You and I both know she wasn't the most sane"

Carmen's hand began to shake as she put her lips back to the cigarette. The topic of your mother was always sensitive, because you never felt like she cared for you and left her whole life behind because she couldn't take her pills. It was sad, but not sad enough to have you moping around like it did when you first found out. And to be honest, maybe if you hadn't restored your memories, you would've happily stayed clueless of how shitty your mother was.

"Back to.. our previous topic"

"My university decisions come in soon, we can talk about that"

She put out the cigarette on the tray and grabbed her file, continuing your session. "And I'm confident I have a chance it's just... my school is so toxic" You continue talking, your leg jumping. "Have you ever thought of changing schools? You've told me you hate it" She asks, glaring at you.

"A little too late for that"

"But do you wanna move?"

"Sometimes, yeah, but it wouldn't be so easy for my dad and all, he's got his office here"

"Are any of your colleges nearby?"

"They're outside of the country, so I guess either way I'll get away from this shit town"

You always dreamed of studying abroad, exploring and traveling to new places. And so you sat there for another half an hour, talking and reflecting about the past events and your memories. It was boring, but better than what was waiting outside.

"And remember to count your fingers if you're having those nightmares again"

"Yeah, thanks, call me for our next appointment"

You walked out, the bright rays of sun hitting your eyes. Hissing and cursing under your breath, you're quickly met with Hawks's jeep, he rolls down the window and looks at you, "babe get in! I got us surprise reservations at the new restaurant downtown". You put on a small smile and get in, please I just wanna go to sleep... forever.

"How was quirk therapy?"

"Okay"

"Come onnn, talk to me"

"I'm not in the mood"

"You haven't been in the mood ever since we got back together"

"Sorry"

"I know you're sad now, but it'll pass I promise, can I get a kiss?"

Chuckling nervously, you kissed him and put your seatbelt on.

"Thanks for the dinner, I had fun" You chirped as he parked in front of your house. "Want me to stay with you for a while?" He asks, his hand brushing your hair, "I'm really beat., raincheck?". He nods with another charming smile of his, and you open the door and get off. You waved him off and watched him leave.

You turned to march into your home, but you stop. You see your neighbor, hoodie and shorts, taking out the trash. You wanna stop looking, you wished your body would just continue to walk, but it doesn't. You freeze and you can't help but observe him. It had been so long since you've seen him, at all, actually.

"You should stop staring at me, princess"