hair dye

You waited patiently in Dabi's front door for a good 20 minutes. Having known Dabi loves running late, this doesn't come as a surprise for you. In your hand you carried a box of hair dye and gloves, calculating how in the hell you were gonna color his hair.

The door finally opens, and you see Dabi in boxers and socks. "Were you taking a nap or something?" You questioned, scanning him up and down and back at the box of hair dye. "I was setting up the bathroom" He says dryly before signaling you to come in.

"I've never painted hair"

"I'll teach you"

You took note of how the house was once again empty, Rei wasn't around and you two had the whole place to yourselves. Dabi put on an old shirt of his and walked over to his bathroom, you behind him.

There was a chair in front of the toilet, you sat on it and put on your gloves. Your ex played some music on his phone and then sat on the toilet seat, his back facing you. "So you mix it first in the bowl..." He mumbled, pointing at the item he mentioned. Grabbing the bowl and stirring the dye, you began to apply it to his snow colored hair.

"Did you have fun at the dinner last night?"

"Yeah"

He was being awfully quiet, answering your questions with short and simple sentences. It confused you, because he was being overly generous just the other day. Nonetheless, you brushed it off as something usual of his. "What do you think of Bakugou?" You asked as you divided his hair in sections.

"Pain in the ass, I'll tell you that"

"Do you think... he was right?"

"Right about what" 

You swallowed hard, and stopped what you were doing for a second. Dabi turned around and faced you, "Right about what princess?". "You know.. what he said about us" You slowly confessed and felt your chest tighten. "Don't be dumb, he doesn't know shit about us" Dabi chuckled, and rolled his eyes in mockery. Right... like that makes me feel better. "Yeah, but he's right, this between us is weird" You finally admitted, exhaling heavily. 

"Ah I see where this is going"

"It's going nowhere, it's just a thought"

"You still love me, don't you?"

Your jaw dropped, not knowing what to say for a the first few seconds. He looked at you, his gaze lost in yours as he spoke. "And what if I still do? You don't believe in that anyways" You pouted, letting your shoulders drop. He noticed this change of attitude and cupped your face, swiping his thumb across your cheek. 

"For someone who doesn't love you really like acting like it" 

"Can't we enjoy ourselves with a little bit of fun?"

"I think.. your idea of fun is hurting me" 

You didn't know what you were saying, that was the truth, but you felt like a weight off your chest. It was time for you to speak your mind, not in an abrupt manner, but in an honest way. You moved your mouth into his palm kissing it softly. 

"Listen we shouldn't be making the same mistakes"

"I kinda fucked it up from the moment I caught feelings, don't you think?"