memory

(imma start recommending songs for some chapters for some spice :))))

Listen for a better experience: say it right by nelly furtado

"Dad I'm ready!" You yell from the other side of the house. A short, flow dress adorned your body along with some heels for a hint of elegance. Tightening your ponytail and adjusting pearl hairpins on your hairline, you grabbed your purse.

"Do you have the wine?" He asked you and you ran over to the fridge to get it. Your father clipped on his watch and the both of you walked out of the house and into your neighbor's. There had been more cars in front than you had thought, but oh well.

Deep down, you didn't really wanna go. With the way he scared you at class today, you wouldn't dare to face him. Your mind replayed his hand on your shoulder and whispering into your ear. Maybe he's off somewhere else, who knows? God, I wanna leave.

The two of you stood at the front door, waiting for it to open. Your heart was pounding heavily, it was a miracle your dad didn't ask you if you were okay. Suddenly, a middle-aged woman with white hair opened and welcomed you in. Is that his mother? .. maybe sister?

You presented yourself in front of everyone with a sweet smile, your eyes scanned the house, and then looked at him. Dabi was wearing a white dressing shirt with black pants and black loafers. You also noticed his hair was slightly pulled back, you guessed with water or gel.

You took advantage of him not spotting you, you stayed by your father's side and set aside the wine you brought as a gift. However, it doesn't take him long for him to find you and when you turn around there he was, up close and personal.

"A nice hello would've sufficed, princess, why'd you ignore me?" His words echoed in your ears and the only thing you could do was chuckle and tug your hair behind your ear. "Sorry, I uh.. couldn't recognize you" He laughed and clicked his tongue. "You know, I can clean up pretty well, I think you underestimate me, (y/n)" It took you long to notice, but you guys eventually walked away from all the mess and into a more quiet part of the living room.

"What's your poison"

"I don't drink"

"Sure you don't, I imagine someone as high maintenance as you only drinks champagne anyway" He spoke as he pulled a cold bottle and you sighed. "Oh, you're serious.." He muttered and you nodded in annoyance. "Don't worry, I won't tell your little boyfriend you went drinking around a crazy guy like me" He teased and you scoffed at his comments.

You sat on the little bar area he had as the rest of the parents went into the dinner table, now it was just him and you. "It's not because of tha- how did you know I'm with" He placed his index finger on your lips to hush you, and it was strangely hot, quite literally. "I might be new and skip classes but it doesn't take a whole lot to put two and two together, I also imagine you were at his car the first day, by the way, when did you get home that day? nine? eight? I could only imagine" As he continued to play you on, he served you a glass of the bubbly substance. You rolled your eyes at his spiteful comments, but he was right. He sat next to you, with his own drink in hand.

"I said I don't drink"

"Will you shut up and take it?"

You let out a squeak hearing his voice become rougher and let some champagne glide down your throat. Oh no. If Hawks finds out..."You don't have to worry about me ratting you out (y/n), we're buddies now" He smirked at you and you looked away. "Just because you saw me naked on accident doesn't mean anything" You managed to say and he barks out a laugh. "I wasn't referring to that but glad to know that's on your mind" You furrowed your brows and pushed aside the glass.

He noticed how insanely red your face got and it only fueled his ego. That's when you decide to use your last resort, your quirk. It had to be done to protect your dignity with this jerk. You touched his wrist lightly and stared straight into his eyes. He gave you a questionable look as he noticed your eyes begin to glow and his went white. After a few seconds, he coughs loudly.

"What the fuck?"

You had taken that memory from him. Your quirk was memory manipulation, in which you could search into someone's memories and had to power to alter them or even erase them. It was a skill you barely used and wasn't perfect at all, it still had its flaws.

"Um.. alright... wait was your name again?" Your eyes widened, you erased the wrong memory you idiot. "(Y/N), sorry I-" He covered his face and only showed his grin and a chuckle. "So that's your quirk? Pretty neat, still needs practice though, princess" You hit his shoulder in slight anger as you realize he was playing with you all this time.

"How did you know.."

"When you did that shit, I felt like you were drilling into my head and everything was flashy, had to be something with my thoughts or something"

You rested your cheek onto your palm, still looking at him in annoyance. Now he knows what I can do, this really sucks huh..