reject

song: wasted times by the weeknd

"Nothing, it's stupid I'm sorry if I interrupted you"

"She's not here anymore, we can talk"

Do I tell him? Should I tell him the truth? Is it worth explaining everything, if he's not coming back anyway? I miss him... and I miss us, but does he still wants me?  You weren't sure, you've never been unsure of anything in your entire life.

No.

You won't tell him, it wouldn't make a difference at this point. For fuck's sake, he literally told you he was banging another girl when you called him. It was wise not to tell him, just act clueless.

"Remember when you said I could call this number whenever I felt.."

"Overwhelmed, yeah I remember"

He.. remembers?

"I.. found out something, and it's really mind fucking, I don't even know why I'm telling you this it's so dumb"

"Go on"

"And I just.. I just can't wait to move out this fucking place already, in fact, I wanna leave the planet, vanish until the people here aren't so vicious"

You heard his heavy breathing on the other line, but you went on talking. "It's getting so hard.. I fucking hate my school, my classmates, my stupid quirk, I hate you.. and I hate me!"

"I hate myself"

On Dabi's end, he listened to you carefully. And for the first time, he wasn't high and drunk, but completely sober and hearing you.

"I hate that nothing about me is real, everyone wants to me somebody different, and it's so difficult.. without you here Dabi.. fuck" You cursed, quickly cleaning the tears and sniffing lowly. Dabi still doesn't answer. "It hasn't even been a year and you fucked me up, you fucked me up pretty bad, huh? It feels like I'm talking like a wall" You keep talking and talking, letting all the emotions break away.

"And I feel the only bit of family growing farther and farther everyday"

"(Y/n)"

"During all this time, I just wanted you here, with me, it's selfish but I don't care"

"(Y/n)"

"I feel so lonely without you here.. Like everyone ignores me, everyone sees this polished image of me and it's sickening"

"(Y/n)"

"What"

"You know I didn't cheat on you, right?"

And that was when you came undone, hiding your face in your hands. You told yourself so many times that he wasn't going to find out, he shouldn't find out. Just the simple sentence broke you apart. Your voice cracked, eventually lost with all the silent crying.

"Fuck, don't cry, princess"

You didn't hear well, perhaps you had cancelled all noise. You weeped and weeped, it looked pathetic. He probably didn't know the full story but he knows better than anyone that he never cheated on you.

"Why did you say you fucked her... Dabi, why?"

"I did sleep with her, but it was wayyy before we even met"

"Why wouldn't you say that? Why make me believe that you cheated?"

Dabi sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. It had been a while since talking to you, he almost forgot how it was having a conversation with his first ex. "To be honest, I don't like complicated, relationships are complicated, I don't want it, I guess that when you brought that cheating stuff up I didn't wanna waste my energy fighting anymore, I let it be" He confessed and you bit your lip hard, you didn't want it to be true, none of it.