check up

"Dabi! Get your ass up we're about to perform!"

Shigaraki's voice becomes harsh and commanding and Dabi absolutely hates it. Don't get him wrong, they were very close friends, but they had the ability to get on each other's nerves.

Today was a typical Friday, like any other, except you were on his mind. The fact that you wondered across his thoughts made no sense, considering how you were just leaving for a simple trip. She's going to be dying of boredom, I just know it, he thought.

He grunted his way to the small and cramped backstage, scrolling tirelessly through his phone. Beside him was Bubaigawara spouting his usual worries before getting on stage, and Toga gushing about a guy she's had a crush on for what seemed like forever.

And then he receives a text. He couldn't help but pull a sneaky grin when he sees your text, since he made you believe in wasn't his on purpose. Took you long enough, he thought.

Princess: you tricked me!

Dabi: no lol

Princess: but you told me this number was for when i felt all down and shit

Dabi: You could use this number for those purposes, i didn't lie, so what's troubling you miss (l/n)

Princess:... I really regret getting on this plane Dabi.

The blonde girl slaps Dabi back into reality, just before he could text you back. "What's with the cheeky face? It's that girl isn't it!" She poked her tongue out and the boy shoved her out of the way. Sighing, he put his phone on the table and decided to answer you after his gig, and maybe a couple of drinks, and a smoke session, and maybe a whole bender... maybe.

Even if you couldn't physically take notice, Dabi was stuck to his phone, waiting for your texts. You told him you had no service so he just kept doing his normal stuff. Some girls would hit him up, he would decline some, share a small hookup with others, that's just how he worked.

He didn't notice how early the night was when Spinner told him the hour, alright, maybe i should head home early for once. After saying goodbye to everyone, he went off on his motorcycle. It was funny how you unintentionally left your marks everywhere, like his motorcycle, his covered up injury, even the bar he hangs out most of the time. He loved teasing you, making you flustered practically made his day.

His motorcycle was carefully parked in front as usual, and he got off a bit wobbly. Of course he held his liquor perfectly, hell, this was a normal night for him, but sometimes he forgot about that. As he stepped out he saw your dad taking out the garbage. At first he didn't plan on making contact with him, but then he told him, "Hello there, Dabi right?"

Dabi turned to look at him, he wasn't scared or startled, but surprised. He walked a bit closer to the man and said "Yeah, your (y/n)'s dad correct? I remember from my mom's house party". "That's right.. hey, have we met before? You look familiar but I can't exactly put my finger on it" He mumbled loud enough for Dabi to hear. He shook his head, giving him a cocky smile "Wrong guy, sorry" what is he talking about..?, Dabi thought.

"Your burns look serious, do you want me to check up on you?" He offered and it didn't fail to take the boy off guard. It didn't take long for him to put two and two together, and remembered of the day when a girl brought him to her house to treat me. No, this isn't the same doctor.. is he? Instead of showing signs of panic, he emotionlessly accepted and entered the house.

It was a haunting experience to say the least, it was like patches of memories were coming to his head, but the girl's face was still blurry. He sat down on the kitchen and waited for the father to inspect. "You know, I don't think you're the best influence for my daughter, but thank you for taking care of her the other day" He confessed bluntly and Dabi only hums.

"She hasn't been herself lately, spending most of her time locked up in that room of hers, and I can tell she doesn't get excited around Hawks and friends anymore, it's like the life inside her is disappearing, ah- sorry I'm rumbling, I just don't have anyone to talk to about this" He continues to say, and the black haired male stares. at the doctor adjust his glasses and observe the severity of his scars.

"I don't know how she was before I came to her school, I'm sorry" Dabi feels the need to apologize because it's true, but he read you like a newspaper. Suddenly, he gets to urge to ask your dad, "and your wife?", and receives a chuckle.

"That's a long story, son, I don't know if you have all night to listen" He really didn't have the time, he was trying his best to not talk a lot, just in case the smell of alcohol would hit, luckily there was enough distance. "I have time" The man adjusts his position in the chair before speaking.

"She passed away, but I don't remember anything about her" There was a long pause.

"What do you mean?"

"(y/n) can manipulate people's memories, but she can't control her quirk, she has never been able to as a matter of fact" His voice began to sound weak and sad.

"My wife had passed away from a sickness, and (y/n) at her age was never able to understand, her emotions got the better of her, and used her quirk of out instinct, as a form of self defensive, by the way, this is what told me, I really don't remember any of this" The man explains between chuckles as he writes down some notes on a small pad he had. Dabi went numb, listening to the story, but didn't give a big reaction.

"She managed to wipe out all of the memories we had of her, along with most of the memories i had before she used her quirk. Maybe you were my patient before, that's why I asked earlier"

"I don't remember us crossing paths before, Mr. (l/n)" he lied

"That's alright, I usually confuse people.. because of it"

"I am sorry"

"No need to apologize! (y/n) has tried her best to train her quirk to get our memories back. Anyways, Dabi, I think these injuries are really damaging the rest of your skin, how long have you been like this?" Dabi feels the beads of sweat gather on his forehead. There was a lot of new information he had to take in.

Were you the girl that helped him that day? Was this the dermatologist that treated your burns? Is this the mistake you had been talking about all this time? Trying to be the perfect girl to make up for erasing your father's memories?

"No.. these are just part of my quirk, Mr (l/n) sorry for making you worry" He blankly said getting off the chair and walking out. As he made his way through the path, his spine shivered at the deja vu he got from that day. It was haunting him, like a nightmare, playing over and over. Before giving him a chance to speak, Dabi had already exiting, feeling a wave of anxiety rush over him.

If only he knew you had all this guilt piled onto your shoulders, he could've helped you the way you did when he was younger. He hated this complicated feeling merging inside of him, he wasn't used to it. He needed to time to digest it.

Dabi entered his home, greeting his mother who fell asleep on the couch. Once he's out of the shower, and was able to sober himself up a bit, his phone begins to ring, it was you.

"Hey"

"Hey! Dabi, we just landed and I was able to sneak away from them for a bit, needed somebody real to talk to, y'know? Did you perform at the Wave?"

"(y/n)"

"Huh? Why so serious?"

"I'm sorry about your mother, and for what you've been through" He could hear your heavy breathing through the phone.

You hung up.

(a/n: boring chapter I KNOWWW AND IM SORRYYY im trying to put the story together slowly thank you all for reading this far!!)