jumpy

Congratulations!

You felt your heart stop at the very moment you opened the letter. "I got in..." You mumbled to yourself, in complete disbelief. "I got in! Holy shit" You covered your mouth and read the letter. "I got in.. I got in.. shit" Were the words you were repeating over and over again. The imposter syndrome hit you fairly quickly, you were convinced it wasn't real.

Nooo it must be the drugs..

But it wasn't, at that moment you were normal. This was real, it was happening. The moment you've doubt for months on end came and did not disappoint. You got accepted, and you're going to move across the country, away from this shitty town that has done nothing but push you down.

So why weren't you happy?

There was a big chunk of you that wasn't excited. That flash of dopamine came and left in a second and suddenly the acceptance letter didn't faze you. Months of work... for this? Was it really worth it damaging my mental health for this..? Don't be confused, you were proud but.. now it was for certain would be going far.. far away.

Why aren't you as excited as you're supposed to be?

Instead of yelling out to the whole neighborhood you got in, you lazily threw your phone to the side and shut your eyes, falling asleep shortly after.

"Fuck" You hissed to yourself as you snorted, once again, another line of cocaine. It was messed up, you knew, but after a few days of this routine, it was the way only you could function. It was, with all due respect, the only source if energy you had left.

Not only that, but you were giving Overhaul a run for his money. He's not going to complain or nag about you health, he'll sell you what you want and if he likes you maybe even more. The relationship grew to be strictly professional, a casual conversation here and there, nothing more.

Scratching your nose, you heard distant chatter come from students entering their fourth period classes and sighed. Crap. You had a Calculus test after this class and barely knew the material.

"Another line wouldn't hurt, right?"

Three times a charm right? Nothing bad had happened before, just your heartbeat going faster than a sports car. But really, what was the real harm? You deserved it, it's been a rough week and you did get into the university of your dreams. The sad part was that, nobody knew yet. You kept the secret to yourself because you didn't want anyone to know.

And another line of cocaine went up your nose and you scrunched your nose and shook your head. And before you had time to compose yourself you feel a knock on your car window.

"Princess?"

You're eyes widened, realizing it was Dabi. In an attempt to hide the set you quickly wiped away any residue and scratched your nose as if you had just sneezed. Rolling down the window, you gave him a welcoming smile.

"Hey, stranger"

"Thought I'd go to class, y'know for the fun of it"

"Tell me about it"

He had on your sunglasses that you gave him from that one time, it made you blush. You also felt bad that you no longer had his gift, which was the perfume that smelled amazing.