short dress

"Stop joking around Dabi, I'm not going to that stupid party"

"Is this seat taken"

"What do you think"

Dabi chuckled at your profound behavior. He had seen what happened outside at your house just when he was arriving, so it was hard for him not to notice. You barely recognized his presence, you had enough on your plate as it is.

And one thing led to another, and you ended up telling him what happened. He wasn't surprised, and it pissed you off. It was a struggle to not break down in front of him, but you eventually gave in and let the tears stream down your face.

His aura was cold, how ironic, you didn't dare to glance at him.

"Fucking hell (y/n), stop crying"

"You don't get to tell me when I can and can't cry!"

He barked out a laugh, and he stretched out a hand to pull you in, but he retracted. It made you sadder, here you were, being vulnerable. Why am I always so weak around him?

"You wanna know what I think?" He spoke, spinning around the umbrella without moving it out of their frame. You kept your lips sealed. "I think, if you're finding excuses to not fuck him, you're just not attracted to him, as simple as that" His words made you sink your head deeper in.

"Then why do I feel so guilty?" You said, keeping you head tucked in, and the rain still pouring. "Anyone would feel guilty, you gave the guy blue balls" He spat, not making anything better, but the company was nice. "It's just, it's Hawks, it has to be perfect" You whined and groaned, now resting your chin on you knees and looking forward at the street.

"Nothing's perfect, it's just not meant to be"

That's when your eyes widen, he was right. You weren't supposed to be good at everything, that why there's a relationship, so you can grow. So then why do I feel stuck? Have I just not grown?

Your eyes look over at Dabi's hands, he was softly touching his scars in silence. The boy with white hair.. Stop (Y/N)! Focus already! This is not the time to wallow about that.

"I wanna go to the party"

"I wasn't gonna give you a choice anyway"

"Can you wait out here while I get ready?"

He hummed in response, and you bolted to your room. You were angry, angry that your relationship was holding you back by so many things. Hawks, I'm going to make you regret getting all up in my face.

You pulled out a short black dress, too short for anyone's comfort, but not yours. It had a soft and velvety texture, and you were matching gladiator sandals. And for someone who liked simple makeup, tonight you contradicted yourself with a winged liner and a tinted gloss that purposely plumped your lips.

Your hair was in another annoying ponytail, so you pulled it off and let it loose. It brought you back to the times where Dabi touched your hair, and the one where he said you looked better this way. You wondered how you got here, getting so close with this guy.

The finishing touch was drowning yourself in perfume, rephrase that, Dabi's perfume. The perfume that made you feel like he was with you every time he wore it, okay that sounds a bit freaky.

You marched out of the house with a clutch that complimented your outfit, which exposed your toned legs and for once you felt confident in something like this. Maybe it was Dabi that made you lower your guard.