raincheck

"Here's your new phone, try not to lose it this time, (y/n)"

"Yeah yeah, I know"

You inspected the box before opening and installing it. "Everything good at school?" He asks you, watching you set up the phone, "Um.. yeah everything good, college decisions come out next week". "I know you'll do great, you're the brightest student I know" you smiled and began to pack your textbooks, "I don't know, I mean I am competing against Rumi". "She's just scared because they'll reject her, don't worry about it, and hurry up Hawks is waiting" You gasped before you could analyze what he said and bolted downstairs and outside.

Walking out you glance over at Dabi's house and don't see any sign of his presence, guess I won't see him again. And to be honest, it was better if he didn't come, you weren't gonna handle that well.

"Got you your favorite drink!" You hear Keigo say from his jeep and you give him a small smile. "Thank you~" You said and got in, giving him a quick kiss. "Hey so there's this new movie that I wanna watch today, you in?" He asks as he drives out of the neighborhood, you looking out the window. "Is it just us two or the group?" You questioned, not showing much excitement, "Yeah, Taishiro wouldn't stop bugging so they're tagging along, but that's okay" He explained and you hummed.

"I have an webinar today with some admission officers, raincheck?"

"Here we go.. a raincheck again? Babe I wanna go out with you more"

"And you will, I've just been busy with all this college shit, aren't you?"

"I am but-"

"Sorry, I forgot you're already set"

"What's that supposed to mean"

You remained quiet, knowing that you were letting the comment get to you, it's not even that important, chill out. "Listen it's okay you can't go, but if we're trying to make this work than put some effort, it's like you don't even care" He admits, that's because I don't. "I'm sorry, you're right babe, let's go tomorrow then" You suggested and saw him grin widely, reaching out for your hair to pet it.

The truth was that you didn't really have a webinar, you were going to the Wave to meet with Overhaul. Risky, sure, but you need something, anything, to calm you down, and that certainly wasn't going to be your current boyfriend, Keigo. A part of you was also going to catch even just a glimpse of Dabi, but you knew it wasn't going to happen. You wanted to find Overhaul, that was it, all there was to it.

The day was once again lackluster, what else are you going to expect when you're surrounded by people that don't get you excited at all? Yuu was the friendliest, Taishiro wouldn't try to make conversation, Rumi would just make mean comments, and Hawks... well.. Hawks. You'd rather shoot yourself than spend another day with them, but oh well.

You were now wiping your mouth clean of Keigo's cum in the car after blowing him. You thought, if he's going to keep bothering me with that raincheck, let me just give him something he wants. And so you would found yourself giving him a blowjob in the car before going to your house to satisfy him. And the worst part was that you would imagine it was Dabi instead of Hawks.

"Fuck, (y/n), you really gotta go now? I can make you feel good"

"I really gotta go"

You chuckled softly and got off, walking quickly inside. Your father won't come for another hour, and if he doesn't see me here he'll think I'm with Hawks. Everything should work just fine.. my plan is completely foolproof.

"But (y/n)! You gotta dress up super hot so Dabi can see what he's missing!"

"He won't even notice me... I mean it's me"

"I bet he'll lock his eyes with you while we perform"

You spoke to Toga on your new phone as you glanced through your closet. He's performing? Oh no.. It'll be fine, he barely looked at me while we were together, I could only imagine how he'll be now. After all, he did say girls like you aren't hard to find.

"Oh shut up~ so red or blue?"

"Obvi blue!"

You pulled out a royal blue crop top with white bell bottom jeans, fitting both casual and hot. "Silver or gold?" You asked while holding the phone, looking at your jewelry and shoes, "Silverrr". Silver platforms for height and matching hoops. "You've got good eye for fashion" You complimented and heard her giggle on the other line.

"This place is fucking packed! I don't see my dealer here though" was an important sentence you focused on between all her rambling. "Crap, let's hope he'll show up later" You prayed, fixing your hair and then getting your makeup bag.

"Hey vampire, who the fuck are you talking to over there you've on the phone for like an hour" You suddenly heard Dabi's voice on the phone, it was faint, but it was there. "None of your business you crisp! Go get your damn guitar" You laughed at Toga's and Dabi's little argument, carefully doing your winged eyeliner.

"Toga for the last time get your ass over here so we can rehearse"

"Give me a second! I'm talking to (Y/n)"

You didn't hear Dabi talk after that, you assumed he just left the blonde girl alone. "Sorry bout that, he's like a little girl" She giggled, "Can't wait to hear you sing, even if it's just for a little while, hey is it okay if I can still walk in through backstage? I don't wanna do that long ass line". You asked. "Of course you can! You're family around here even if that jerk isn't with you anymore" You hummed, applying your mascara and lip gloss.

"Well I'm heading out now!"

"Great! I'll see you there! Don't you dare leave without coming by our private lounge"

"Who the fuck is coming to our lounge?"

"(Y/n)!"

"Who was that?"

"Bubaigawara, you know how he can be~ Anyways promise me we'll hang!" Crap, I really can't deal with bumping into Dabi. What am I gonna do? Tell him I came to meet up with a drug leader because I can't spend another day completely sober? Not happening.

"We'll see, I'm not looking to stay for long"

"But (Y/n!)- SHIT, I gotta go now everyone's super mad at me, see ya!"

Before you could say anything, she hung up and left you with the words in your mouth. You checked yourself out in the mirror before taking your purse and heading to your car. With a deep breath, you turned on the car and put on some music.

Just follow the plan. If he's not there, don't waste your time.