flight

"The first time I took you here you wanted to escape your stupid ex, Keigo Takami"

"Is that so?"

"And I took you with my small group of friends, you were pretty shy but bold"

You listened to him carefully as he pulled up at this club/bar at the beach. It looked beautiful at night, and it was clearly a popular area, considering the amount of cars. The both of you got out of the car and followed him through the backstage.

"Is this a stage, do people come to perform?" You asked dumbfounded, watching the bodyguards disappear and seeing the several stage lights on the ceiling. "You'll get an answer soon enough, you want a drinl?" He asked awkwardly, shoving his hand into his pockets and walking further into the crowd, the booming music almost leaving you deaf.

"What did I used to drink when I was here?"

"Wait here"

And there you were, left alone in the sea of people walking around. There were all kinds of people here, the most stuck out ones being the fancy girls from the city. You heard the name 'Dabi' echo in your ear and you made it your mission to eavesdrop.

"Is it true that Dabi stopped seeing that girl? For good?"

"They've been kinda off and on, but I don't think they're together anymore"

"I know for a fact they aren't dating because he slept with my best friend the other day!"

Were they talking about me? Holy shit.. this is real, maybe it's another girl, maybe it's-

"That's her! Oh my god has she been hearing us?" One of the ladies yelled and your widened your eyes. "I-uh, sorry I didn't mean to!" You apologized nervously, waving your hands around. "Then what's the deal, are you guys together or not?" Another popped up and asked, a sparkly bracelet dangling from her wrist. Wait.. I've seen that before, right?

"You girls mind if I borrow her for a second?" Dabi miraculously asks, placing his hand on your lower back. "Wait! But are you guys back together again? my friend slept with you a couple of days ago" One of them chimed in again, a part of you feeling jealous for no reason. It wasn't like you remembered all those moments with him, yet it bothered you that he attracted so many girls.

"Tell your friend I don't kiss and tell" was the last thing he said before pulling you by your wrist. "Here's a beer, if you don't like it hold it and I'll finish it" He said handing you the cold beverage and planting a quick kiss on your lips before disappearing from your sight.

Did he just kiss me..? And left me all alone?

You stood still in the mass crowd, sipping down the beer slowly. Doesn't taste like anything special.. just beer. Before you could keep thinking, the curtains began to be lifted.

"Everyone! The LOV"

LOV? The name sounded familiar.. but that was all you got. It was already a headache trying to familiarize yourself with certain things. You see a band begin to play, a blonde girl being the lead singer. Faces that proved to be a blur to you appeared on stage. Am I supposed to know these people? You quickly spot Dabi on his guitar, face focused on the notes of the song.

He didn't try to find you in the crowd, and you weren't fazed. You remained fixated on looking at him, only at him. Everyone around you started jumping to the beat, and you joined them, and for the first time in a while..you were having fun. You took occasional sips from your beer while bopping your head.

After several songs were performed, they eventually closed the curtain. You wondered around the crowd and bumped into a man. Looking up, it was someone with short brown hair, yellow eyes glowing against the dimness of the club, and their nose and mouth covered by a face mask. "It's been a while hasn't it?" He commented, and you just stared at him.