verdict

"Obviously the cereal first, I'm not a psycopath"

Two hours had flown by like nothing. You and Dabi ended up rambling on and on about the littlest of things. At first he was impatient, but then he realized he was stuck with you, so he showed interest.

You didn't realize how similar you were to this boy, it almost scared you. You don't remember the last time you agreed with a guy this much.

"I don't get why you can't just use your quirk to drill into my head and find these things about me"

"Well I remember someone telling me to not use my quirk on them"

"That power of yours is handy, train it right and you can you'll end up places"

"No thanks, I'd rather be quirkless than have this horrible power"

"That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing you get those memories back"

You sighed as he spoke. He was right, and you knew it. Your eyes wondered to your hands and looked over at Dabi's friends dance around. "Didn't mean to get you in a bad mood, come on I'll drive you home" Dabi told you as he got off from the stool. Without protest, you followed him out,  taking Shigaraki's keys for the van.

A wave a guilt crashed on your body. He was going on about how tonight was gonna be wild, instead you ended up being taken home because you were "sulking". "We can go back" You suggested as he drove through the houses. "Nah it's fine, all that talking turned me off anyway" He spoke, "Well that certainly didn't hurt" you joked.

"I'm joking, I wanna burn that bralette of yours off, but you have an angry dad waiting for you inside" He clicked his tongue you felt a bit more relieved. "Um.. so what are you gonna do now?" You shyly asked, your hand on the handle to open the door.

"I don't know, probably chill around at the bar a little more"

Probably talk to other girls...

"Well, have some fun for me" You half smiled and got off. He drove off fairly quickly and you walked in. Your father was sitting in the kitchen, arms crossed with a serious face.

"Care to tell me what was the commotion that was going on outside?"

"I'm guessing Keigo already told you"

"I wanna hear it from you"

"Okay, yeah I lied to him about being sick to go out with Dabi, but nothing's going on we're just close friends, and I've been meaning to break up with him for a while so I-"

"Is it that Dabi's doing? I swear that boy is nothing but bad luck"

You felt your blood boil at his words. The last thing you wanted was your dad slandering your neighbor, even after their past. "This is all me! I'm sick and tired of living this fake life with them, I'm not happy, and I haven't been for a while" You finally came clean, because he would've never understand your past actions before.

"This isn't like you sweetie, let's sit down and talk this through"

"I don't want to sit around and keep lying, this is how I feel dad, I don't like my friends and the lives they live. It's all so picture perfect, and for what? I mean, I know you've seen of the Takamis treated me"

"(Y/n) I know, this is just so out of character for you"

"Just trust me when I say, I know what I'm doing"

"I still don't trust our neighbor enough for you to be going to hang out with him! Not to mention you lied to me"

"I know and I'm sorry"

"You're grounded, you're only using your car to go to school to come back, and no going out"

"Dad!"

Deep down you knew this was the lightest of punishments you were getting, and rebelling some more wouldn't be beneficial for you. You sighed and accepted his terms and marched to your room.

Exhaustion struck your body as you changed into loose fitting clothes and crashed onto the bed. You reach for your phone and scroll through all your memories with Hawks, there's no point in keeping these. You relentlessly erased all these photos and videos, in an attempt to make you feel better and not think about him.

Should I text Dabi...?

He's probably still with his friends

Or maybe kissing another girl

Perhaps I was too annoying earlier

A text from Dabi interrupted your thoughts abruptly and you read almost instantly.

Dabi: Earth to (y/n), what's the verdict

Me: I lived, im grounded tho

Dabi: That sucks, I was just about to go to your house

Me: better test yourself for stds first

Dabi: nvm ur lucky ur grounded right now

You giggled to yourself with these texts. He made you feel normal, like you didn't just lose your school friends and broke up with your boyfriend. You decided to go to sleep, and it was a long slumber, because you woke up the next day in the afternoon.

And then came Monday morning.