just for tonight

Thankfully, you arrived on time to the dinner reservations. There was loud chattering coming from the activity room, where your classmates were sitting. The waiting guides the both of you into your respective seats, next to each other. Thank god we were seated together.

Everyone was dressed up nicely, with their designer polos and strong cologne. But none of them could top of Dabi's outfit, your Dabi, to be precise. He sat quietly, and rested his ankle on his knee, he's just sitting and it's turning me on.. let's calm down (y/n). You notice his shirt in buttoned up to the top.

"Baby"

"What"

"You're suffocating with those buttons, let me-"

"I'm fine, (y/n), don't you-"

You grinned as you leaned over closer to him, your fingers fiddling with what was keeping the shirt together. Your peers were all carrying other conversations, and didn't pay attention to what was going on, plus the table was outrageously big, so it wasn't of much importance to others.

"Jeez-It's getting fuck hot in here" He choked on his words, your breath fanning over his neck as you unbutton his shirt just enough to show his chest. "See? That's so much better" You hummed and pulled away.

The first half of the dinner went swiftly, you managed to carry small talk with some people, meanwhile Dabi preferred to have little to no communication with them. However, the only two people who you couldn't quite catch the attention of was Rumi and Hawks.

Your mind travelled back to the memory of when you saw them being particularly close to each other. Did it surprise you? No, but you were confused. Maybe they had always had a thing for each other, and you were just standing in the way. Perhaps he was happy to be separated from you now, after all, his parents didn't exactly liked you, and his friends were only yours because they had no other choice.

You snap out of you thoughts as you feel Dabi's hand land on your thigh, his grip tightening only slightly. You shot him a look, but he only kept looking at you with his lazy eyes. "Not here" You mouth, "I don't care" He said back. The moment was quickly cut short when a waitress stopped by to hand you the drinks.

"Cocktail for the lady, and... vodka tonic for you, hottie" She chirped, standing awfully close to him. "Ah, thanks..uh.. your name?" Dabi asked, watching his drink get placed in front of him. "Rina" She gave her a cocky smile, which made your blood boil, I'm going to kill.. okay chill out.

"Cute name, Rina, better get your pretty ass going"

"Uh-Y-yes! See you around~"

She left quickly to drop of the rest of the orders, and you glared at him as he took a sip. "What the fuck?" You blurted, shoving his hand off your skin. "Relax, she was being friendly" He sighed and fidgeted with the several thick rings he had on display. "Friendly my ass, she wants to fuck you and you know it" You spat, aggressively gulping down nearly half of your cocktail.

"And why the hell are you bitchin' now?"

"Boyfriends don't hit on other girls"

"I wasn't gonna do anything anyway"

You were upset, you didn't answer him and it was best if you didn't. How could he be so careless with you? He hasn't changed, and it feels like you've made zero progress. He noticed your change in attitude, and decided to leave you alone for the time being, god knows what could happen if you began to quarrel right here.

The two of you stomped back to your room so he could walk along to his shortly after, since he assumed you were too mad for him to stay. "You're a real jackass, y'know that?" You continue to fight as you entered the room, Dabi leaning on the door.