Escaping the Graveyard

Gracie's POV

"Where are we?" I ask Micheal as he helps me up.

"Some sort of graveyard" he states looking around.

"How do we get back?" I ask him.

"Don't know, lets try the port key" he tells me. I nod my head and we grab the rope. But nothing happens.  "Okay plan B, we have to find a way to contact the school" he states. "Do you have your wand?" he asks me.

"Yes, ever since the second task. Harry won't let me go anywhere without it" I state as I draw it. He draws his own.

"No owl, if only one of us knew the patronus charm" he mutters.

"Why?" I ask him confused.

"A corporeal patronus can be used to send messages" he states.

"I know how to make one, but never done it. I helped Harry practiced his patronus charm. Though only through encouragement" I state.

"Why don't you give it a go" he states.

"Ok, happy memory" I mutter and think about when I got my Hogwarts letter. "Expecto Patronum" I say and a silver wisps exits my wand. "Damn it" I curse.

"What's wrong?" he asks me curious.

"Not powerful enough, give me a moment" I tell him and think about when I kissed Micheal for the first time. I try again and silver shield appears but not a corporeal patronus.

"You're getting close" he tells me. "Don't give up" he tells me. I take a deep breath and remember a time before Harry did magic. Not a particular happy memory. But it's the happiest I ever felt with my family before Harry did magic.

"Expecto patronum" I say and silvery bulldog appears. "What now?" I ask Micheal.

"Say the message and to where" he states.

"Ok, message 'need help. Don't trust Moody, lost in graveyard' to Professor Dumbledore of Hogwarts" I state and the dog runs away. "Now what?" I ask Micheal.

"We find a safer place to wait" he states taking my hand. We start to make our way through the graveyard. Wands raised at the ready. We maybe third years, but we both know how to stun and disarm any attackers.

As we near a tomb we hear two loud thumps. "Was that another port key?" I ask Micheal. He shrugs and we head towards the sound.

"Get back to the Port Key!" we hear Harry yell and start to run.

"Avada Kedavra!" someone screeches and we hear another thud. I go to scream and Micheal covers my mouth. We duck behind the tomb. We peak around the corner to see Harry being held by a stone statue while Wormtail works over a cauldron.

"This is not good" Micheal mutters.

"We have to help Harry" I tell him. "There's two of us and one of him. We can take him" I state.

"We don't know if anyone else is lurching in the shadows" he tells me. I go to protest and he gives me a shut up look. Suddenly a figure appears from within the cauldron and Wormtail puts a cloak on it. We gasp covering each others mouths. We may of never meet him, but we call tell by his aura that he's Voldemort. Wormtail we could take on, but not him.

Voldemort slipped one of those unnaturally long-fingered hands into a deep pocket and drew out a wand. He caressed it gently too; and then he raised it, and pointed it at Wormtail. Who was lifted off the ground and thrown against the headstone where Harry was tied. He fell to the foot of it and lay there, crumpled up and crying. Voldemort turned his scarlet eyes upon Harry, laughing a high, cold, mirthless laugh.

He then touches Wormtails left arm. "You stand, Harry Potter, upon the remains of my late father" Voldemort tells Harry. "A Muggle and a fool...very like your dear mother. But they both had their uses, did they not? Your mother died to defend you as a child...and I killed my father, and see how useful he has proved himself, in death" he explains.

The air was suddenly full of the swishing of cloaks. Between graves, behind the yew tree, in every shadowy space, wizards were Apparating. All of them were hooded and masked. And one by one they moved forward...slowly, cautiously, as though they could hardly believe their eyes Voldemort stood in silence, waiting for them. Then one of the Death Eaters fell to his knees, crawled toward Voldemort and kissed the hem of his black robes. Micheal and I pressed ourselves against the tomb, him muttering a spell.

Voldemort greets each wizard by their last name. Including Malfoy's father. "How is Nova?" he asks and I stiffen with Micheal.

"She and your son are fine. Your son is a proud slytherin and my son watches over him. He is getting close to a halfblood called Ciela" he states. I look at Micheal shocked. He looks just as surprised as I am.

"Glad she finally had my heir, shame you did not bring her tonight. But no matter" Voldemort says.

"Master, we crave to know...we beg you to tell us...how you have achieved this...this miracle...how you managed to return to us" Malfoy tells him.

"Ah, what a story it is, Lucius" Voldemort drawls. "And it begins - and ends - with my young friend here" he states walking over to Harry. "You all know that on the night I lost my powers and my body, I tried to kill him. His mother died in the attempt to save him - and unwittingly provided him with a protection I admit I had not foreseen....I could not touch the boy" he explains. "His mother left upon him the traces other sacrifice....This is old magic, I should have remembered it, I was foolish to overlook it...but no matter. I can touch him now" he states and touches Harry's face. Harry screams in agony and I go to run to him but Micheal stops me as Voldemort laughs.

He soon releases Harry and they begin to duel. As the death eaters formed a circle around them. Micheal and I sneak over towards the glowing Triwizard cup. We notice Cedric's dead body and gasp as tears fill my eyes. We are still concealed under Micheal's charm.

A golden thread connecting Harry and Voldemort splintered, a thousand more beams arced high over Harry and Voldemort. Crisscrossing all around them, until they were enclosed in a golden, dome-shaped web, a cage of light. Beyond which the Death Eaters circled like jackals. "Do nothing unless I command you!" Voldemort shouts at them as a few draw their wands.

Soon for ghostly figures appear. Only three I recognize. The first with Cedric. The other two were my Aunt Lily and Uncle James, Harry's parents. "When the connection is broken, we will linger for only moments...but we will give you time...you must get to the Portkey, it will return you to Hogwarts...do you understand, Harry?" Aunt Lily asks him. He nods his head as Cedric asks him to take his body back.

Harry pulled his wand upward with an almighty wrench, and the golden thread broke; the cage of light vanished, the phoenix song died - but the shadowy figures of Voldemort's victims did not disappear - they were closing in upon Voldemort, shielding Harry from his gaze. He races toward us and Micheal lowers the charm. "Grab the cup!" he yells at us. We nod our heads.

"Stun them, don't let them escape!" Voldemort orders.

"Accio!" he shouts pointing his wand at the cup. It flew into the air and soared toward us. He grabs Cedric with one hand and the cup with the other. As Micheal's and my hands closed around it. We hear Voldemort's scream of fury at the same moment that I felt the jerk behind my navel that meant the Port key had worked. It was speeding us away in a whirl of wind and color, and Cedric along with us. Wewere going back to Hogwarts.

A/N

Picture above of the graveyard and on the external link of Harry Vs Voldemort. Dedicated to @myomoon for being the only one to guess who Micheal's father was during the contest, that started in the chapter Graciela meet Micheal.