Confiscated Map

Grace's POV

I had been having breakfast with Micheal by the frozen lake when Malfoy appeared. So I hugged Micheal and left them be. Ron and Hermione had gone to Hogsmeade separately. I haven't seen Harry since breakfast. I hope he didn't sneak into Hogsmeade, I don't want him to get into trouble. Anyway I decided to see Lupin as I'm bored and want chocolate. Maybe he could tell me a story his time at Hogwarts.

So I go to his office and knock on the door. "Come in" he calls and I enter. "Ah Grace, how are you this morning?" he asks me as I sit down.

"I'm good, was just hanging out with Micheal" I state.

"You spend a lot of time with him" he states.

"He's my best friend" I say shrugging. "Speaking of, did you have any best friends when you went here as a kid?" I ask him curious.

"I had three of the best friends someone like me could ask for" he tells me smiling.

"What were their names? Did they know about your furry little problem? Are you still friends? Do you have any chocolate?" I ask him. He chuckles handing me chocolate and I take it.

"Their names were James Potter, Peter Pettigrew and Sirius Black" he says the last one quietly.

"You knew him before Azkaban?" I ask him curious.

"Yes" he says nodding his head.

"You didn't answer my other questions" I tell him and take a bite of chocolate.

"Yes they knew of my furry little problem, in fact that's what James used to call it" he says smiling. "James and Peter are dead, & I haven't spoken to Black in twelve years" he states.

"Can you tell me a story about them? About what they did when they found out about your furry little problem?" I ask him hopeful.

"Of course, it was in our third year they figured it out" he tells me. "I thought they'd turn their backs on me, but they didn't. Instead they started to research ways to help me. In the end they found a way to help me on a every full moon. Though it took them until fifth year to master it" he explains.

"What was it?" I ask him curious as I continue to eat the chocolate.

"They became animagi" he states and I frown in confusion.

"How did that help you?" I ask him.

"They couldn't keep me company as humans, so they kept me company as animals" he states. "A werewolf is only a danger to people. They sneaked out of the castle every month under James's Invisibility Cloak. They transformed...Peter, as the smallest, could slip beneath the Willow's attacking branches and touch the knot that freezes it. They would then slip down the tunnel and join me. Under their influence, I became less dangerous. My body was still wolfish, but my mind seemed to become less so while I was with them" he explains.

"Wow, I want to become an animagus even more now. So that I can help werewolves too" I tell him smiling. I finish the chocolate.

"That is very kind Grace" he tells me smiling gently.

"But there's something I don't understand" I tell him. "I thought the wolf's bane potion was made to help werewolves keep their human minds when transformed. Why didn't you take that in school?" I ask him.

"The wolf's bane potion was only made recently and the ingredients for it are expensive. Also I'm not much of a potioneer, I'm lucky to be working here. So Snape makes it for me every month" he explains.

"Oh, that's sad and I bet other werewolves have the same problem. There should be a charity to help werewolves. Get them jobs and have a supply of wolf's bane potion for them" I tell him.

"A lovely thought, but most wizards and witches don't care. Those at the ministry don't" he tells me gloomily.

"But you and the others are still wizards. You all still have an important role in our world. I'm sure most are smart and very talented like you are. The ministry is losing valuable employees and votes by turning their backs on you. It's not right" I state firmly. Before he could reply Snape calls him through the fireplace.

"I'll be back" he tells me and goes through the fireplace to Snape's office. Just then there's a whine at the door. I open it and Winter enters holding Harry's monster book of monsters. I smile taking it from her and give her a pat. I sit on the ground and start to read the book as she lays beside me resting her head on my lap.

I was reading about Sphinx when Lupin returns holding an old piece of parchment. "What's that?" I ask him in confusion.

"A map" he says as he puts it in his desk draw. "I have some marking to do. But I really enjoyed our chant Grace" he tells me smiling.

"I did too" I tell him as I stand up. "See you around professor" I say and go to the library with Winter. We snuck past Madame Pince and I go to the werewolf section. I grab books on them and then some of magical law. Winter and I sit in a dark corner of the library. I start to study the books making notes as I go along. Sure there's not much I can do right now as a student. But I plan on helping anyway I can once I complete school. I'll become minister for magic if I has too.

A/N

Picture above of the Marauders Map and picture on the external link of Lupin's office.