Dementor Attack

(August 2nd 1995) Graciela's POV

So far the summer has been terrible. I've hardly heard from anyone of my friends. I'm so worried about Micheal, what if Voldemort had him and his mother? Also Harry has hardly heard from his friends either. He was so frustrated he tried to throw away the sweets he got for his from them. But I stopped him. Which he was grateful for after the wilted salad mum served us for dinner that night. My birthday is in a week.

All the letters we've gotten have said to be careful. That our friends are quite busy. Saying we'd see each other soon. But not an actual date. Also that they'll explain everything when we reunite. It's been a really hot summer.

Anyway Harry and I are taking Winter for a walk. We just needed fresh air and out of the house. So we're at the park. I'm throwing the ball for Winter while Harry and I sit on the swings.

"I'm just so worried about Micheal and our friends. Why has there no mention of Voldemort's return in the daily prophet?" I ask Harry.

"No idea, I'm just so frustrated of hearing the same thing over and over again from everyone" Harry states.

"Hopefully we'll see them soon" I tell him. "Winter misses her pups" I state. All I know is that the four pups are now desexed. But we haven't seen them or our friends all summer. "Oh no" I say when I spot my brother heading our way. I clip Winter's lead back on. Mum hates it when she's off lead.

"Mum wants you home Grace" he tells me. "You too" he adds looking at Harry. We sigh and leave the park. We turn down a narrow alley way. As it's a short cut. "Think you're a big man carrying that thing, don't you?" he asks Harry.

"What thing?" Harry asks him innocently.

"That thing you and Grace are hiding" Dudley states. All summer Harry and I have had our wands on hand. Encase of attack.

"It's called a wand dear brother" I tell him. As Harry takes his out examining it.

"You haven't got the guts to take me on without that thing, have you?" Dudley sneers.

"Whereas you just need four mates behind you before you can beat up a ten year old" Harry says.

"You know that boxing title you keep banging on about? How old was your opponent? Seven? Eight?" I ask him innocently.

"He was sixteen, for your information" he tells me. "You just wait till I tell Dad you had that thing out" he tells Harry.

"Running to Daddy now, are you? Is his ickle boxing champ frightened of nasty Harry's wand?" Harry asks teasingly.

"Ok enough you two" I tell them as it starts to get cold. "We better hurry or mum will be angry" I state. The grumble. The balmy evening was suddenly piercingly, bitingly cold. We are surrounded by total, impenetrable, silent darkness. As though some giant hand had dropped a thick, icy mantle over the entire alleyway, blinding us.

I grab my wand as Winter growls. "'W-what are you both d-doing? St-stop it!" Dudley stutters.

"It's not us" I tell him.

"Shut up and don't move" Harry says. I un-clip Winter so that she can run if needed. Something that was drawing long, hoarse, rattling breaths.

"Harry please tell me that's not a dementor" I plead. Suddenly I'm knocked to the ground.

"DUDLEY, COME BACK! YOU'RE RUNNING RIGHT AT IT!" Harry shouts. There was a horrible squealing yell and Dudley's footsteps stopped.

"Leave my brother alone!" I shout. "Expecto Patronum!" I shout and my bulldog patronus rams the dementor away from Dudley. I notice Harry dealing with another. I race over to my brother with Winter. "Harry we got to get Dudley out of here" I tell him.

"You're right" he says as he joins me. We pull Dudley to his feet. "This way" he says. We hear running footsteps and Winter growls. We turn wands raised to see Mrs Figg. We go to put our wands away.

"Don't put them away, idiot children" she tells us. We look at her shocked. "What if there are more of them around? Oh, I'm going to kill Mundungus Fletcher!" she states. I can't believe Mrs Figg knows about magic.

"What?" we ask her as Winter relaxes.

"He left to see someone about a batch of cauldrons that fell off the back of a broom! I told him I'd flay him alive if he went, and now look! Dementors! It's just lucky I put Mr. Tibbles on the case! But we haven't got time to stand around! Hurry, now, we've got to get you both back! Oh, the trouble this is going to cause! I will kill him" she says.

"Do you have chocolate? Dudley needs it" I tell her.

"Afraid not dear" she tells me.

"You're a witch?" Harry asks her as we leave the alleyway.

"I'm a Squib, as Mundungus knows full well. So how on earth was I supposed to help you both fight off dementors? He left you completely without cover when I'd warned him" she grumbles.

"This Mundungus has been following us? Hang on, it was him! He Disapparated from the front of our house!" we demand.

"Yes, yes, but luckily I'd stationed Mr. Tibbles under a car just in case. Mr Tibbles came and warned me, but by the time I got to your house you both had gone. And now. Oh, what's Dumbledore going to say?" she asks herself.

"You know Dumbledore?" Harry asks her.

"Of course I know Dumbledore, who doesn't know Dumbledore? But come on. I'll be no help if they come back, I've never so much as Transfigured a teabag" she tells us. We walk back to Privet Drive. Harry and I keeping our wands out encase the dementors return. Harry questioning Mrs Figg.

While I worried about my brother. He maybe a jerk, but he didn't deserve to be attacked by a dementor. I hope I have some chocolate left in my secret stash for him.

A/N

Picture above of Grace's outfit and picture on the external link of the dementor attack.