Snape now Defense Teacher

Graceila's POV

We're finally back at Hogwarts. The train ride was eventful. Harry and I had lunch with Professor Slughorn. Along with some other students, inscluding Ginny, Neville and Micheal. I sat in between Micheal and Harry. Slughorn introduced everyone. Lunch was really dule and by the time we lift, it was nearly time for us to arrive at Hogsmeade station.

Luckily I was already in my robes. I hope Micheal and I don't get in trouble for not patroling the train. As we were with Slughorn. But we weren't scholed by the head boy or girl. Also Hermione and Ron took our shifts for us. The journey on the carriages was unevenful.

Anyway, before the feast Dumbledore introduced Professor Slughorn as the new Potions Master. In turn our former Potions Master Professor Snape. Will be teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. Like he always wanted. He looked very pleased with himself. The Slytherins were happy for their head of house, finally getting his dream job.

Dinner was uneventful. Afterwards I showed the first years to Gryffindor tower with Matt Hemlock. My fellow fifth year gryffindor prefect, he is a half blood. The first years were very nice and followed us without question. None tried to wonder off. I told them if they evvery needed help, to seek Hermione or I out. Or even find Winter or one of their pups as they know their way around the school.

I slept peacefully that night. I woke up early and went down to breakfast with Hermione. Who got her new schedule from McGonagall. I also got mine and my first lesson was Defense Against the Dark Arts. "Wish me luck" I tell Harry after showing him.

"You'll be fine" Hermione assures me.

"Just sit at the back" Harry tells me. I nod and enjoy my breakfast. With Lilac on my shoulder. All the dogs love her and are very protective of her. At least I know she'll never be hurt with them around. After, breakfast I headed for defense. Not wanting to me late for Snape's first lesson. Which was with the Slytherins. Micheal sat at the back with Ginny and I.

Lilac is asleep in my pocket. I pray Snape doesn't notice her, otherwise I'll diffinetly get detention or lose house points. And I didn't want that to happen my first day back. Or in my first lesson. Anyway, Snape took the roll and then gave us a lecture on the importance of our OWLs.  He then gave us all a test, to see where we are at with our knowledge. So that he could ensure we'll all be ready for our OWLs at the end of the year. Sure it sucked having a test for our first lesson, but it is very smart and will give us all a better chance at passing our OWLs. Especially as he is grading them to OWL standard.

Afterwards, he produced a tank of snakes. Saying we'd be practicing the snake vanishing spell. My snake tried to eat Lilac. Until I vanished it. But it was to late, Snape had spotted her quivering in my pocket. He took twenty points from me and said if I ever brought her to his class again. She'd be target practice for the impediment jinx and he'd give me detention.

The rest of class was uneventful and we were given homework on how to conjure and vanish snakes. He said he'd have our test results next lesson and anyone who got less then Exceeds Expectations would have detention with him until their grade picked up. I am sure Micheal, Ginny and I did well. After being in the DA last year. But who knows with Snape as our defense teacher.

After defense I had Transfirguration. Where McGonagall also gave us a lecture about out OWLs before beginning the lesson on a revision of Switching spells. In charms, Flitwick also talked about our OWLs. Then told us which six charms we'd be revising this year. Along with which others we'd be learning.

Lunch was nice. Then I had Potions and sat at the front with Ginny & Micheal. Slughorn had us identify some potions that would come up in our OWL exams. He then had us brew a Strengthening solution. As I made the best potion. I was given a small phial of a golden potion. Which Hermione told me was Felix Felicis, also known as Liquid Luck. Slughorn had told me to use is on a normal day and would the effects would last for twelve hours.

When I did some research on it. I discovered it was illegal to have it before a test or during any form of competition. I tied it to Winter's neck. Knowing it would be very handy with the approaching war and didn't want to be tempted to take it until required. Like if the school was attacked or if I needed it for an un-school related thing. Like to visit my parents in future if we are separated like I fear we will be next summer. Maybe if I still have it when the war ends, I can use it to find them afterwards. I still need to talk to dad and Dudley. Well at least Dudley, as I have spoken to mum. Maybe I will visit them for a couple hours for Christmas using the potion, to ensure I return safely. But it wouldn't effect them. But we'd be safe at the house, with the spell still on it until Harry's seventeenth birthday.