Winter's Surprise

Graciela's POV

"Winter! Come here girl!" I call. She's been missing for a couple of weeks. I hadn't noticed her disappearance until after the Second task. Because I was so focused on helping Harry.

But the day after the task when I couldn't find her, I realized I hadn't seen her in the common room in a week. The others have been helping me look for her all week. But we have not found her. I'm so worried. She's never run away before.

"We'll find her" Micheal assures me. "Think, where would she go?" he asks me.

"The only place she knows outside of school is the Shrieking Shack" I tell him and gasp. "She has to be there, follow me" I tell him and race to the whopping willow. "Immobulus" I say pointing my wand at it and it freezes. I race the tunnel and slide down the hole.

Micheal lands beside me and I help him up. I lead him through the tunnel to the shack. "Ghosts didn't do that" he says as he looks at the torn furniture.

"Winter!" I call and she comes running down the stairs. I crouch down and hug her tightly. "You had me so worried" I cry as I hug her. "Why are you here girl?" I ask as I pull away. She heads back upstairs and we follow her to the master bedroom. To see four sleeping puppies.

"She had puppies" Micheal says with a smile. I pick up the black one gently.

"But she has only been around Fang" I tell him. "Oh you cheeky girl" I say smiling. "You didn't have to have them here girl. Can we bring them to Hagrid?" I ask and she nods her head. I carry the black one and the fawn coloured one. While Micheal carries the brindle one and grey one.

We return to Hogwarts and go see Hagrid. "I see you found Winter" he says with a smile as Fang greets her happily.

"Yes and she had a surprise fro us" I tell him. He notices the four puppies. "Looks like her and Fang did more the just play together" I state.

"Oh, they're so cute" he says. He examines them all. "All perfectly healthy, Winter has been doing a very good job" he states. As Winter nurses the pups. Fang lays beside her sniffing the pups.

"I still can't believe I didn't figure it out. No wonder she gained weight, slept in piles of blankets and her teats got bigger. She was preparing to have puppies" I state.

"We should tell the others" Micheal tells me.

"They went to Hogsmeade" I tell him.

"I can watch them for yeah" Hagrid tells me.

"Thank you, Hagrid. We won't be long" I assure him. "Winter you stay and no more running off" I tell her. Before leaving with Micheal. We go to Hogsmeade.

We search all the shops and both bars. We even checked the post office and no sign of Harry and the others. "Maybe they went to the shack" Micheal suggests. I nod my head and we head for it. "I don't believe it, is that Dusk?" he asks me when we reach the top of a hill.

I look down to see Harry and the other two walking with a black dog. Heading for Hogsmeade. "Dusk!" I cheer and run to him. I crouch down and hug him tightly. "I was so worried about you boy" I state.

"Hi Gracie, I thought you were looking for Winter still" Harry says confused.

I pull away from Dusk and look up at him with a smile. "We found her and you'll never believe the secret she's been hiding" I tell him. I get up as Micheal gives Dusk a pat.

"How can a dog keep a secret?" Ron asks us confused.

"She was pregnant, she went to the shack to have her pups" I tell them.

"Awe, how amazing. How many did she have? Who is the father?" Hermione asks me excitedly.

"Four puppies" Micheal answers.

"Fang's the dad" I add.

"That's great, can we see them?" Harry asks.

"Sure, Dusk you coming?" I ask and he shakes his head. I pout at him.

"Dusk hurt Ron remember, not safe for him at Hogwarts" Harry whispers.

"Oh right, see you around Dusk" I tell him. He yips and leaves. The others and I head to Hagrid's hut. We arrive to see Winter curled around her sleeping pups.

"Awe, they're so cute" Hermione squeals.

"I'm gonna go let the others know Winter is safe, see you at dinner" Micheal tells me. I nod my head and he pecks me on the lips. Before leaving back to the castle.

"Do you know the genders Hagrid?" Harry asks him.

"No, to young to be certain yet Harry. We have to wait until they are four weeks. By my calculation they are only about a week and half old" Hagrid states. "Anyway you can take them to your dorm room. I sent word to McGonagall and she says they can stay there. But I'll need to check them once a week and give them vaccinations" he tells me.

"Got it, thank you for looking after them" I tell him with a smile. I pick up the fawn one, Harry picks up the grey one, Ron picks up the black one and Hermione picks up the brindle. Winter follows us back up to the castle. Once we enter the common room, everyone wants to hold the puppies. But I refuse as they are Winter looks uneasy being surrounded by so many people.

I take the grey one from Harry and Hermione takes the black one from Ron. We walk up to my dorm room. We vanish a bed frame leaving the mattress. Winter makes a nest of spare blankets and pillow on it. Hermione and I place the pups down. Winter curls around them and goes to sleep. Hermione and I leave them once I filled Winter's food & water bowls. I locked the door, so they wouldn't be disturbed.

We join Harry and Ron by the fire. Ginny approaches us and I tell her about the puppies. She wanted to go see them. But I told her they were sleeping with Winter and that she could see them after dinner. She pouted, but agreed to leave them be until then. We hang out and go to dinner together. Micheal joins us like usual.

We then call it an early night. Hermione followed us to our dorm as she wanted to see the pups. We enter the room to see them awake suckling. "Awe so cure, do you think mum would let me have one?" Ginny asks me.

"Maybe, you can ask her" I tell her. "What about you Hermione?" I ask.

"Dad is allergic to dogs" she tells me sheepishly. "I'm sure Hagrid will want one or two" she adds.

"Most likely" I say nodding my head in agreement. "I doubt my parents will let me keep them, they might have to stay here when school finishes" I tell them sadly.

"I can write to mum using Pigwidgeon, see if they can spend the summer with us. You can come over with Harry" Ginny tells me.

"They would love chasing the gnomes" I say with a smile. "But we'll figure that out later" I tell them. We each have a puppy cuddle before Hermione goes to her dorm room. Ginny and I got ready for bed and called it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Grace's outfit and on the external link of Dusk (aka Padfoot)