First Time at the Burrow

Graciela's POV

Graciela's POV

Harry and I are all packed for going to the burrow. I'm excited, this will be my first time going there. As I didn't get to go when Harry was rescued by Ron and the twins. As I was at a slumber party. We're all waiting in the living room and I'm playing with Winter. It's fifteen past five, they are fifteen minutes late. Ron's letter said they'd pick Harry and I up at five today.

"I daresay their kind don't set much store by punctuality. Either that or they drive some tin-pot car that's broken d -AAAAAAAARRRRRGH!" dad yells. Harry jumps up and Winter lets go of her toy, making me fall back and his my head on the ground.

"Oww" I groan rubbing the back of my head as I sit up. Loud bangings and scrapings were coming from behind the Dursleys' boarded-up fireplace, which had a fake coal fire plugged in front of it. Due to what happened when Harry got his first Hogwarts letter.

"What is it, Vernon?" mum asks dad scared.

"Ouch! Fred, no - go back, go back, there's been some kind of mistake - tell George not to - OUCH! George, no, there's no room, go back quickly and tell Ron..." I hear a man say.

"Maybe Harry or Grace can hear us, Dad - maybe he'll be able to let us out" I hear Fred say. Winter barks and sniffing at the boarded up fire place.

"That sounds like Winter, Grace are you there?" George asks.

"Harry can you hear us?" the man asks.

"What's going on?" Dad demands.

"They tried to floo in" I tell him as Harry goes over to the fireplace.

"Mr. Weasley, it's Harry. . . the fireplace has been blocked up. You won't be able to get through there" Harry explains.

"Why would they want to do a thing like that?" the man asks. So he must be Mr Weasley. 

"We've got an electric fire" I tell him.

"Eclectic, you say? With a plug? Gracious, I must see that. . . . Let's think. . . Ouch, Ron!" he shouts and I giggle. Winter barks and scratching at the wood whining.

"What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?" Ron asks.

"No, this is exactly where we wanted to end up" Fred says sarcastically.

"Yeah, we're having the time of our lives here" George grumbles.

"I'm trying to think what to do. . . . Yes. . . only way. . . Stand back, Harry, Grace" Mr Weasley tells us.

"Winter come" I order and she rushes over as Harry backs away. Suddenly the electric fire shot across the room as the boarded-up fireplace burst outward. Expelling Mr. Weasley, Fred, George, and Ron in a cloud of rubble and loose chippings. Mum shrieked and fell backward over the coffee table; Dad caught her before she hit the floor.

"Ah - you must be Harry's aunt and uncle! And Grace's parents" Mr Weasley says smiling. "It's delightful to finally meet you Grace" he says smiling at me. As Winter ran to greet the twins who give her treats. No wonder she wanted them out so bad.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr Weasley" I say smiling.

"Sorry about the mess. It just didn't occur to me that we wouldn't be able to get out at the other end. I had your fireplace connected to the Floo Network, you see - just for an afternoon, you know, so we could get Harry and Grace. I'll light a fire to send the kids back, and then I can repair your fireplace before I Disapparate" he explains to my parents.

"How does it work?" I ask the twins.

"We'll show you, just watch and speak clearly" George tells me.

"Incendio!" Mr Weasley says pointing his wand at the fireplace. Flames rose at once in the fireplace, crackling merrily as though they had been burning for hours. Mr. Weasley took a small drawstring bag from his pocket, untied it. He took a pinch of the powder inside, and threw it onto the flames, which turned emerald green and roared higher than ever. "Off you go then, Fred" he says.

"Oh no - hang on..." Fred mutters. A bag of sweets had spilled out of Fred's pocket and the contents were now rolling in every direction. He scrambled around, cramming them back into his pocket, then gave my family a cheery wave. Then stepped forward, and walked right into the fire, saying "the Burrow!". Mum gave a little shuddering gasp. There was a whooshing sound, and Fred vanished.

"See, quite simple. Do exactly what he did" George tells me. He steps forward with my trunk, Fred had taken Harry's. "The Burrow" he says and disappears. Ron went next and Mr Weasley told me to go.

"What about Winter?" I ask him.

"I'll take her with me" he assures me. I nod my head and step into the fire. "Don't worry, the others will be there on the other side. Keeps you arms down" he tells me. I nod my head.

"The Burrow!" I say clearly and it felt as though I was being sucked down a giant drain. I seem to be spinning very fast. I tried to keep my eyes open but the whirl of green flames made me feel sick. Squinting I saw a blurred stream of fireplaces and snatched glimpses of the rooms beyond. I close my eyes again wishing it would stop. 

I suddenly fell, face forward into a pair of arms. "You ok Lulu?" Fred asks me.

"I feel sick" I grumble.

"First time flooing?" a guy asks and I look up. I see Ron, George with two other red haired young men. "I'm Bill, this is Charlie. We're the oldest Weasley children" the one who had spoke stated.

"Yeah it was my first time, nice to meet you both" I tell them.

"Here these will help" Charlie says giving me a couple of crackers. I give him a grateful smile and eat them as Harry appears. Fred helps him up asking if Dudley had eaten something.

"Yeah, what was it?" Harry asks him.

"What did you do to my brother?" I demand glaring at the twins. He maybe a jerk sometimes. But he is my brother.

"Nothing, he just ate a Ton-Tongue Toffee" Fred states.

"A what?" I demand.

A/N

Picture above of the Burrow and picture on the external link of a gnome. Pictures in chapter of Charlie and Bill Weasley.