Talk With Mum

Graciela's POV

Harry is out riding the trains again, he's been reckless this summer and I don't like it. But he won't listen to me. Anyway dad's out with Dudley. So it's just mum, Winter and I home. So I've decided it's time to talk to mum. So I go to the kitchen where she was making lemonade.

"Mum, can we talk?" I ask her.

"Of course, can you cut the lemons?" she asks me. I nod and head over to the chopping board. "What did you want to talk about?" she asks me curious.

"He's back mum, the man who murdered Harry's parents" I tell her and she freezes in shock. "He came back at the end of Harry's fourth year. Though most of our world didn't believe him until the end of this year. But mum another war has began" I explain.

"Why tell me this?" she asks me.

"Because I far I'll have to leave you, dad and Dudley. That you all will have to go into hiding" I tell her.

"But we have nothing to do with that world" she states.

"But this is where Harry grew up, and that man could use you against him. Against me if he finds out my relationship to Harry" I state.

"Come with us" she says looking at me with tears in her eyes. "I lost my sister, I can't lose you too. Or Harry" she states. I hug her.

"I love you mum, and Dad along with Dudley. But I can't leave Harry to face that man alone. I am part of that world and I will fight to defend it" I tell her. She pulls back cupping my face in her hands looking into my eyes.

"Why must you be so much like her?" she asks wiping my tears.

"Who?" I ask confused.

"Lily" she states. "When I heard she was in danger, I begged her to leave that world. To return to a normal life. But she didn't listen and I lost her forever" she explains.

"You begged Aunt Lily to leave the magic world?" I ask surprised.

"Yes, but she didn't want to leave James and her friends. Especially as she was pregnant with Harry at the time" she states. "The day we found Harry on our door step, I was heartbroken. Because I knew I had lost my sister forever. But Harry, he had her eyes" she explains.

"Is that why you kept him?" I ask her curious.

"Not the whole reason" she states. "I was pregnant with you and you had not moved once. We were all so worried about you, but the second I picked up Harry. You moved" she explains. "You loved whenever I held him" she states with a smile.

"Is that when you knew I might be like him?" I ask her.

"Not at first, but when you were born yes" she states. "I thought if we could keep you as far from Harry it would prevent you from becoming like Lily. But when Harry went away for his first year, I knew you were like her" she explains.

"I'll be careful mum, I promise" I tell her and hug her tightly.

"How about I make us some tea and we have a girl talk? We haven't had one since you started school" she states. I nod and she makes us tea. I grab us a plate of biscuits and we go into the lounge. "So any boys caught your eye?" she asks me curious.

"There is this one guy" I state as Winter joins us. Laying at my feet. "We've been dating a couple of years. He's smart, strong, brave and handsome" I tell her.

"I hope to meet him one day" she tells me.

"Really?" I ask her surprised.

"I'm your mother, don't I have the right to meet your boyfriend?" she asks me. I smile.

"How did you meet dad?" I ask her curious.

"Well I had left the town I grew up in to come to London. To pursue a typing course. his led to her getting a clerical job, where I meet your father" she explains. "He was junior executive whose complete ordinariness. He also took a fancy to me and we went on a number of dates. Then he proposed in 1977 and the rest is history" she states. "What about the guy you're with, how did you meet?" she asks me curious.

"In class, first day of my second year. We bumped into each other, we introduced ourselves. And he asked if I wanted to study with him sometime. I agreed" I explain. "We hanged out the rest of the year and feelings started to develop. Then the year after they grew more and I spent Christmas with him & his mother. Where he asked me to be his girlfriend, we've been together ever since" I state.

"That's sweet" she states. Just then there was a knock on the door. "Can you get that dear while I clean up?" she asks. I nod and go answer the door. Needless to say I was surprised by who it was.

"Professor Dumbledore" I say shocked.

"Good afternoon Miss Dursley, may I come in?" he asks.

"I guess so" I say letting him in.

"Who was at the door Graciela?" mum asks and freezes when she sees Dumbledore.

"Sorry for the intrusion, I came to collect Harry and Graciela" he states.

"Harry's not here, he is in the subway riding the trains" I tell him.

"No matter, we'll pack yours and his things. I'll send them to the burrow, then you and I will go collect Harry. I require both your assistance with something" he tells me.

"I'll go pack then" I state. I head upstairs leaving mum with Dumbledore. Once everything was packed. Dumbledore sent it to the Burrow. Along with Winter and Hedwig. He then apparated us to the subway. Where we see Harry talking to a girl in a cafe and I roll my eyes. Typical.

A/N

Picture above of Petunia.