Christmas at Hogwarts

Grace's POV

It's finally Christmas time and Micheal has gone home for the Holidays. There's hardly anyone staying because of Sirius Black. Winter is now seven months old and really obedient. She now wonders the grounds and sleeps in my dorm room at night. Harry still doesn't have a new broom yet.

I'm sleeping in Hermione's dorm as it's just us in the girls dorm. Winter wakes me up by licking my cheek. "Morning girl" I say pushing her back as I sit up. I yawn stretching and see Hermione is awake also. "Merry Christmas Hermione" I tell her.

"Merry Christmas Grace" she says smiling. We opened our presents and I put on my Weasley jumper. Which is dark blue with a grey G on it. "Lets go see the guys" she states picking up Crookshanks. I nod my head and follow her as Winter follows me.

"Don't bring them in here!" Ron shouts as soon as we enter their dorm. Snatching Scabbers from his bed and placing him in his pocket. I roll my eyes at him as I give Harry a hug and sit down beside him.

"Isn't that a firebolt?" I ask him seeing the broom hoovering in front of us.

"Oh, Harry! Who sent you that?" Hermione asks as she places Crookshanks of Seamus' bed. Winter lays down beside me and starts to enjoy her Christmas present. (Present: https://dogue.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Dog-Candy-Canes.jpg ).

"No idea. There wasn't a card or anything with it" Harry states. I frown confused, Hermione to looks wary. At least Micheal sent me a card with the Nimbus 2001 he'd given me as a gift.

"It's a bit odd, isn't it? I mean, this is supposed to be quite a good broom, isn't it?" Hermione asks him.

"It's the best broom there is, Hermione" Ron tells her.

"So it must've been really expensive" I state.

"Probably cost more than all the Slytherins' brooms put together" Ron states proudly.

"Well...who'd send Harry something as expensive as that, and not even tell him they'd sent it?" Hermione asks.

"Who cares?Listen, Harry, can I have a go on it? Can I?" Ron asks Harry.

"I don't think anyone should ride that broom just yet" Hermione states.

"What d'you think Harry's going to do with it — sweep the floor?" Ron asks her. Just then Crookshanks flies towards Ron's chest and Winter growls. I flick her nose and she stops seeing my glare. Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with her. She was sweet pup and loved all other animals. She still does, but seems to hate Scabbers.

Hermione grabbed Crookshanks and I grab Winter by her collar. We leave the room and I sigh in annoyance. They couldn't behave for one day. We all go down to the great hall for breakfast. Harry and Ron soon join us. "How's Scabbers?" Hermione asks Ron.

"Shaking under the drawer" he grumbles.

"Grace, thanks for the gift" Harry says smiling.

"You're welcome, guess what?" I ask him.

"What?" he asks me.

"Micheal got me my own broom, why don't we race after breakfast" I suggest.

"Sure, what type of broom?" he asks me.

"Nimbus 2001" I say rolling my eyes and he chuckles.

"You know the Firebolt is going to win right" he tells me.

"We shall see" I say smiling. We eat breakfast then head to go retrieve our brooms. While Winter ran off to play in the snow. Honestly if she gets frostbite, it's her own fault. We grabbed our brooms and meet in the common room. But before we could leave Hermione appeared with McGonagall. Hermione goes to the fire place and sits down in an armchair reading.

"So that's it, is it? Miss Granger has just informed me that you have been sent a broomstick, Potter" McGonagall states looking at the Firebolt. "May I?" she asks holding her hands out and Harry places the broom in her hands. "Hmm. And there was no note at all, Potter? No card? No message of any kind?" she asks.

"No" Harry tells her.

"I see... Well, I'm afraid I will have to take this, Potter" McGonagall states.

"What? Why?" Harry asks her shocked.

"Professor, we were about to race" I whine.

"It will need to be checked for jinxes. Of course, I'm no expert, but I daresay Madam Hooch and Professor Flitwick will strip it down" she states.

"Strip it down?" Ron asks her.

"It shouldn't take more than a few weeks. You will have it back if we are sure it is jinx-free" she assures Harry. "Dursley, you may keep your broom as it was a gift from a friend. But I would like it is Madame Hooch was there when you fly for the first time" she adds.

"Yes professor, I'll go find her now" I mumble and leave the room. I find her on the quidditch pitch with her broom. We mount our brooms and take to the sky. Where I zoom off around the pitch at full speed before diving towards the ground. I level out five feet from the ground and land softly dismounting. "Well?" I ask her.

"Seems perfectly safe, you are a natural flier Miss Dursley. Have you ever thought about trying out for the team?" she asks me.

"Not really" I say shrugging. "Maybe when they need a new chaser of seeker, but that won't be for three years" I state.

"If you ever want some training, I can train you" she tells me and I smile happily. I thank her wishing her a Merry Christmas before leaving the pitch. As I make my way through the snow I spot Winter playing with a black dog in the snow. (Dog:https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/9845b79e881da3fd2aae3bd5ce0c55fa/5CA50F88/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/c0.49.1080.1080a/s640x640/46981522_368990746994251_8684860297145640403_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com )

"Winter, come here girl" I call and she bounces over with the other dog. "Who's this girl?" I ask as I hold my hand out to the dog. Which I discover is male. He sniffed my hand and licked it making me smile. "Good boy, take care of Winter for me" I tell him as I pat his neck. "Winter don't stay out here to long, I don't want you to freeze" I tell her firmly. The black dog nodded as if he understood what I said. Which is surprising, but I ignore it. There are weirder things in this school then a dog that understands English.

"I'll call you Dusk, for your black fur" I tell him. "Bye you two" I say before going back inside. I decide to send Micheal a letter to say thank you for the broom. So I go to the owlery and write a letter before sending it to him with a school owl.

A/N

Picture above of Winter now and picture on the external link of the firebolt.