Who is Mad-eye Moody?

Graciela's POV

I slam onto the hard grassy ground. A torrent of sound deafened and confuses me. There were voices everywhere, footsteps, and  screams. I ignore them as Micheal hugs me close. Until I hear someone shouting Harry's name. I pull away from Micheal and look at my cousin as tears fall down my cheeks. I see Professor Dumbledore crouched beside him. The dark shadows of a crowd of people pressed in around us, pushing nearer.

I see we've landed on the edge of the maze. Harry let go of the cup, but he clutched Cedric to him even more tightly. I start to sob remembering Cedric is dead. "He's back. Voldemort" Harry states.

"We saw him" Micheal states.

"Did you get my patronus?" I ask weakly.

"No, Miss Dursley" Dumbledore says.

"What's going on? What's happened?" I hear the minister ask. The face of Cornelius Fudge appeared upside down over us.  "My God - Diggory! He's dead Dumbledore" he says horror struck. The words were repeated, the shadowy figures pressing in on them gasped it to those around them...and then others shouted it - screeched it - into the night. 'Cedric Diggory! Dead!'

"Harry, you can't help him now. It's over. Let go" Dumbledore tells him gently.

"He wanted me to bring him back to his parents" Harry mutters.

"That's right. Harry...just let go now" Dumbledore tells him.

"He'll need to go to the hospital wing! All three of them do" Fudge states. "He's ill, he's injured - Dumbledore, Diggory's parents, they're here, they're in the stands" he states.

"No, we have to tell Dumbledore something important" I state.

"She's right, there's an imposter here at Hogwarts" Micheal states. We focus on Dumbledore as he focuses on us. None of us notice Moody lead Harry away.

"What do you mean?" Dumbledore asks. Just then my bulldog patronus appears.

"Need help, don't trust Moody. Lost in Graveyard" it says before disappearing.

"What do you mean? Don't trust Moody?" he asks us.

"He's the one who set us to the Graveyard" I state.

"He's also the one who put the cup in the maze" Micheal adds.

"Harry" he says and we turn to see Harry gone.

"Harry!" I scream in worry looking for my big cousin.

"We'll find him Gracie" Micheal assures me.

"Minerva, Severus with me" Dumbledore says and they leave. I go to follow them as Cedric's parents cry over his body. I have to help my cousin. I didn't protect them in the graveyard. But I won't fail here. I wrench myself free of Micheal and summon my broom. I fly it to castle and race to Moody's office.

I bust in to see him pointing his wand at Harry. "Expellairamus" I say disarming him and catch the wand. I stand beside Harry. "No one threatens my cousin" I sneer. Harry and I hold hands.

"Stupefy!" someone yells behind me. There was a blinding flash of red light and Moody was thrown backward onto the office floor. I look over my shoulder to see Professor Dumbledore, Professor Snape, and Professor McGonagall. Dumbledore in front, his wand outstretched.

At that moment, I fully understood for the first time why people said Dumbledore was the only wizard Voldemort had ever feared. The look upon Dumbledore's face as he stared down at the unconscious form of Mad-Eye Moody was more terrible than I could have ever imagined. There was no benign smile upon Dumbledore's face, no twinkle in the eyes behind the spectacles. There was cold fury in every line of the ancient face. A sense of power radiated from Dumbledore as though he were giving off burning heat.