Sleeping Under-water

Graciela's POV

Harry figured out the egg thirty-two days ago and we still don't know how to make him breath under water for an hour. Every waking moment we weren't in class or doing homework. We were researching ways to breath under water. While brain-storming what precious item will be taken from each champion.

Anyway we're in the library researching again. The second task is tomorrow and still no luck. "The ideal solution would be for you to Transfigure yourself into a submarine or something" I tell him as I look at a transfiguration book.

"Shame we have not learnt human transfiguration yet" Hermione grumbles. "But I don't think we start that until sixth year, and it can go badly wrong if you don't know what you're doing" she tells us.

"You mean like the time you became a werecat?" I ask her smirking.

"That was a potion mishap, not transfiguration" she states.

"I s'pose I could always attack someone in front of Moody; he might do it for me" Harry tells us.

"I don't think he'd let you choose what you wanted to be turned into, though" Hermione tells him. "No, I think your best chance is some sort of charm" she states.

"Then why was I given a transfiguration book?" I demand. I close it. "I'm gonna go look got a grade six charm book" I tell them and walk away. As I head to the charms section I notice Neville reading a book. "Hey, Neville what'cha reading?" I ask him curious.

"A book on magical plants, Moody gave it to me" he tells me while smiling. "Some plants can make you do cool things, like breath fire, breath under water and there's even one that allows you to change colour" he tells me.

"Wait, what did you just say?" I ask him excited.

"There's a plant that allows you to change colour" he says.

"No, the thing about breathing under water?" I demand.

"Oh it's a plan called Gilly Weed, it gives you gills and webbed hand & feet" he states.

"How much would you need to breath under water for an hour?" I ask him.

"About a handful" he says holding up his hand.

"Neville, you're a genius" I tell him smiling. I go to run back to the others. But as I turn the corner I run into George Weasley. "Hey George, where's your twin?" I ask him.

"Collecting Hermione, we came to get you and Hermione. Professor McGonagall wants to see you both" he tells me.

"But I have to tell Harry something important" I tell him.

"Sorry, but Professor McGonagall wants to see you now in her office" he tells me.

"It won't take more then a minute" I whine.

"I have my orders, lets go" he tells me.

"Fine" I grumble and he leads me out of the library. Where we are meet by Fred and Hermione. We start to head for McGonagall's office. "I figured it out Hermione, but George won't let me tell Harry" I tell her.

"You did? How? Was it a charm?" she asks me.

"No, there's a plant that allows you to breath underwater. Neville just told me about it" I tell her.

"George she has to tell Harry" Hermione tells him.

"We're already running late" Fred tells us.

"Wait I have an idea" I state. "Dobby" I call and he appears. "I have a mission for you, it'll help Harry" I tell him.

"Anything for Harry Potter" he squeals excitedly.

"I need you to find a handful of Gilly-weed, give it to him at tomorrows task. It'll allow him to breath underwater for an hour" I tell him.

"Right a way Miss Gracie, I shall go look for the Gilly-weed" he states and disappears with a pop.

"I hope he finds it in time" Hermione says.

"He'll do anything to help Harry" I assure her as we reach McGonagall's office. We enter and the twins leave. I notice McGonagall, Dumbledore and the other judges are present. Along with Cho Chang and an eight year old girl that resembles Fleur Delacour.

"Ah good, we're all present. We can begin" Dumbledore says with a smile.

"Why are we here Professor Dumbledore sir?" Hermione asks him curious.

"Why, you will be playing a part in the second task of course" he declares happily. "It will be held in the Black Lake. You all will be in a Magical Slumber, but will wake as soon as you return to the surface" he explains.

"Est-ce sûr?" the eight year old girl asks in French.

"She is wondering if it is safe" Hermione states.

"Oh very safe Mademoiselle Delacour" Dumbledore assures her. "Now who'd like to sleep first?" he asks us.

"I'll go first" Hermione volunteers. He places the charm on her and she falls asleep. Cho goes next then Gabrielle.

"So just to be clear, we will wake up even if the champions don't find us within an hour?" I ask him.

"Yes, the hour is just the time limit. If a champion fails to collect their charge, the merpeople will bring you up" he assures me.

"Ok, I'm ready" I tell him and he mutters the charm. I fall asleep. The last thing I see is the others and I being levitated out of the room.

(Time skip)

I wake up with a gasp drenched. It takes me a minute to realize I'm in the freezing lake. With Harry and Fleur's sister beside me. "Why is she with us?" I ask Harry curious.

"Fleur didn't turn up, I couldn't leave her" he states.

"Oh Harry" I say with a chuckle. "You didn't take that song thing seriously, did you? Dumbledore wouldn't have let any of us drown" I tell him.

"But the song..." he starts to protest.

"It was only to make sure you got back inside the time limit" I tell him. "But I am glad, you're always my hero and now everyone knows you'll save anyone. Because of your big hear" I say and kiss his cheek.

"Come on, help me with her, I don't think she can swim very well" he tells me. I nod my head and go to her other side. We swim to the platform and have her taken first. Micheal then pulled me out wrapping me in a warm blanket. Ron helped Harry.

"Are you ok? You must be freezing" Micheal says concerned.

"I am" I tell him as I snuggle into his warm chest. "Remind me never to go swimming in the Black Lake during winter again" I add.

"No more swimming in the Black Lake for you ever" he tells me

"Ok" I say with a smile. I notice Fleur approach Harry.

"Thank you for saving my sister. Even though she was not your 'ostage" Fleur tells him. She bent down, kissed Harry twice on each cheek. She then turned to me with a smile. "And you too-you 'elped" she states.

"Only  a little bit" I tell her. And she kisses both of my cheeks. Before rushing back over to her little sister. The scores are awarded, Cedric coming in first. Harry came second for finding us first and rescuing two people. Showing Moral fiber. So now he and Cedric are tied for first place for the third and final task.

"The third and final task will take place at dusk on the twenty-fourth of June. The champions will be notified of what is coming precisely one month beforehand. Thank you all for your support of the champions" Ludo announces. Madame Pomfrey herds the champions and us hostages back to the castle. Demanding we change into dry warm clothes as soon as possible. Micheal and Harry walked either side of me, refusing to leave my side for a second.

A/N

Gif above of Hermione, Cho and Gabrielle with a mermaid guard.