The Invitations

Grace's POV

I've just gotten out of the shower and put on my clothes for the day. I put my dirty laundry in the laundry bucket. Blew dried my hair and brushed it. Now I'm in mine and Harry's room. "A letter came for you" he tells me. I nod my head and pick it up.

"It's from Micheal" I tell him and open the letter. "Dear Grace, mum got the tickets to the Quidditch Wold Cup. Good news is we're in the top box. Bad news is we have to sit with Draco and his family. Don't worry though, they believe you're a halfblood and Draco agreed to keep his mouth shut. Mum and I will meet you at the pitch entrance before the match. Can't wait to see you again. Yours Sincerely Micheal" I read.

"I'll probably get a letter soon from the Weasleys then" he states.

"Most likely, lets go down to breakfast" I tell him. We go downstairs and join the family for breakfast. Winter is at the back door whining to be let in. But mum made the rule she can't be inside when we're eating. The doorbell rang and dad goes to answer it. While I ate my grape fruit quarter. Mum had put Dudley on a diet and we all have to follow it. But likely Harry and I wrote to our friends. They sent us food and we kept it hidden from the others.

Dad comes back looking livid. "You two, in the living room. Now!" he orders Harry and I. Harry and I share a look before following him to the living room. Dad closed the doors behind us so we'd have privacy. "This just arrived, a letter. About you both" he states showing us a piece of purple writing paper. He then begins to read the letter aloud.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Dursley,
We have never been introduced, but I am sure you have heard a great deal from Harry about my son Ron.
As Harry and Grace might have told you, the final of the Quidditch World Cup takes place this Monday night. My husband, Arthur, has just managed to get prime tickets through his connections at the Department of Magical Games and Sports.
I do hope you will allow us to take Harry and Grace to the match. As this really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity; Britain hasn't hosted the cup for thirty years, and tickets are extremely hard to come by.
We would of course be glad to have Harry and Grace stay for the remainder of the summer holidays. To see them safely onto the train back to school. It would be best for Harry to send us your answer as quickly as possible in the normal way. Because the Muggle postman has never delivered to our house, and I am not sure he even knows where it is.
Hoping to see Harry and Grace soon,
Yours sincerely,
Molly Weasley
P. S. I do hope we've put enough stamps on

Dad put his hand back into his breast pocket, and drew out something else. "Look at this" he growled showing it to us. He held the envelope and I bite back a giggle. Every bit of it was covered in stamps except for a square inch on the front. Into which Mrs. Weasley had squeezed the Dursleys' address in minute writing.

"She did put enough stamps on, then" Harry says innocently and I giggle. Then cover my mouth pretending to cough.

"The postman noticed. Very interested to know where this letter came from, he was. That's why he rang the doorbell. Seemed to think it was funny" he tells us.

"So can we go then?" I ask him hopeful. "I am suppose to meet my friend there" I tell him.

"Who is this woman?" he asks us.

"She's my friend Ron's mother, she was meeting him off the Hog..." Harry starts saying.

"Off the school train at the end of last term" I say cutting him off. Dad screwed up his face as he thought.

"Dumpy sort of woman? Load of children with red hair?" he asks.

"Yes, that's her" I tell him.

"Quidditch - what is this rubbish?" he demands.

"It's a sport, played on broo..." Harry starts to explain.

"All right!" Dad exclaims cutting him off. "What does she mean, 'the normal way'?" he demands.

"Owl post" I answer.

"Can we hurry this along, I have a letter to write to Sirius. You know my godfather" Harry tells him.

"You're writing to him, are you?" dad asks him.

"It's been a while since he heard from me, and, you know, if he doesn't he might start thinking something's wrong" Harry explains.

"Well, all right then. You can go to this ruddy. . . this stupid. . . this World Cup thing. You write and tell these - these Weasleys they're to pick you up, mind. I haven't got time to go dropping you off all over the country. And you can spend the rest of the summer there. And you can tell your - your godfather. . . tell him. . . tell him you're going" dad tells him.

"Okay then" Harry says and leaves the room.

"You may go Graciela, as long as you take that dog with you" dad tells me.

"Oh thank you so much dad" I say smiling and hug him. I run and grab Winter from outside. I then take her upstairs to mine and Harry's bedroom. To see him reading a letter. "Ron?" I ask.

"Yeah" he says. "Can you go?" he asks me and I nod my head smiling brightly. He wrote his answer back to Ron and gave it to Ron's owl. He tied it to the tiny owl's leg as it hopped on the spot with excitement. The moment the note was secure, the owl was off again; it zoomed out of the window and out of sight. Harry then turned to Hedwig. "Feel up for a long journey?" he asks her.

Hedwig hooted in a dignified sort of a way. Harry smiles and finishes his letter to Sirius. The letter finished, he tied it to Hedwig's leg. She kept unusually still, as though determined to show him how a real post owl should behave. "This is for Sirius and I'll be at Ron's when you return" Harry tells her. She nipped his finger affectionately, then, with a soft swooshing noise, spread her enormous wings and soared out of the open window.

"Do you have any birthday cake left?" I ask Harry hopeful. He nods his head smiling. He crawled under his bed, wrenched up the loose floorboard. Harry pulled out two large chunks of birthday cake. We both sit on the floor and eat our chunks happily. While Winter eats a pig ear. "So where you telling Sirius about your nightmare?" I ask him.

"Yes, did I wake you?" he asks me.

"No, I was already up. I hope they stop" I tell him.

"So do  I" he tells me. I grab a ball and go out the back with Winter. We play fetch for twenty minutes. Before relaxing in the shade.

A/N

Picture above of Ron's letter to Harry and on the external link of Mrs Weasley's letter to the Dursleys.