Beetle at Bay

Graciela's POV

"You sure about this? Someone else from the group can do it" Micheal says as we walk towards the Three Broomsticks.

"I'm sure, I started the group. I should be the one to give the interview" I state. "Well speech" I correct myself. "You order us lunch, it shouldn't take long" I tell him. He nods his head as we enter the pub. We kiss and he goes to get us a table.

"Grace!" Hermione calls and I smile. I join her, Luna and Rita Skeeter. "You ready?" she asks me.

"Was that your boyfriend?" Rita asks me before I can answer Hermione.

"None of your business" I tell her. "We're here so I can tell you about my organization. Not about my love life or how my cousin is doing" I state. Just then Harry appears and Hermione calls him over. "You're early cus, I thought you were meeting Cho for brunch" I say confused.

"We weren't expecting you for another hour at least" Hermione adds.

"Cho? A girl?" Rita asks. She snatched up her crocodile-skin handbag and groped within it. I roll my eyes.

"Its none of your business if Harry's been with a hundred girls" Hermione and I snap at her. "So you can put that away right now" Hermione adds. Rita had been on the point of withdrawing an acid-green quill from her bag. Looking as though she had been forced to swallow Stink-sap, she snapped her bag shut again.

"What are you up to?" Harry asks us.

"Little Miss Perfect was just about to tell me when your cousin arrived" Rita tells him. She takes a large slurp of her drink. "I suppose I'm allowed to talk to him, am I?" she asks Hermione.

"Yes, I suppose you are" Hermione says coldly.

"Pretty girl, is she, Harry?" Rita asks.

"One more word about Harry's or Gracie's love life and the deal's off and that's a promise" Hermione tells her. I nod my head in agreement.

"What deal?" Rita asks her. "You haven't mentioned a deal yet, Miss Prissy you just told me to turn up. Oh, one of these days" she grumbles.

"Yes, yes, one of these days you'll write more horrible stories about Harry and me" Hermione says waving her hand. "Find someone who cares, why don't you?" she says rhetorically.

"They've run plenty of horrible stories about Harry this year without my help" Rita states and I clench my fists. Harry places a calming hand on my shoulder. "How has that made you feel, Harry? Graciela? Betrayed? Distraught? Misunderstood?" she asks. I go to snap at her, but Harry just shakes his head at me.

"They feel angry of course" Hermione tells her. "Because they've told the Minister for Magic the truth and the Minister's too much of an idiot to believe them" she states.

"So you both actually stick to it, do you, that He Who Must Not Be Named is back?" Rita asks us. "You both stand by all this garbage Dumbledore's been telling everybody about You-Know-Who returning and you both being the sole witnesses?" she asks.

"We weren't sole witnesses, there were about a dozen odd deatheaters there" Harry tells her.

"And my boyfriend" I add.

"Want their names?" Harry asks her.

"I'd love them" Rita tells us. "A great bold headline: Potter Accuses. A sub-heading: Harry Potter Names Death Eaters Still Among Us. And then, beneath a nice big photograph of you, Disturbed teenage survivor of You-Know-Who's attack, Harry Potter, 15, caused outrage yesterday by accusing respectable and prominent members of the wizarding community of being Death Eaters" she states. Taking out her quill and pad.