Two Hogwarts Champions

Graciela's POV

It's the day after the representives from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrived. I spent most of the day with Micheal and Winter studying outside. Micheal telling me about his new pet he got on his birthday. Saying he might be able to bring it to school next year. "What sort of animal is it?" I ask him.

"A tree boa, I named him Emerald" he states.

"Wow, has Dumbledore given his ok yet?" I ask him.

"Not yet, think you could talk to him?" he asks me hopeful.

"Of course, I promised I would" I remind him smiling. Just then a group of girls from beauxbatons approach us. Winter barks and goes to say hello. But I stop her, so she what scare them with her over excited behavior.

"We wish to go to the library" one tells me.

"I have to go Micheal, but I'll see you at the feast" I tell him smiling.

"Sure thing Grace" he says smiling. I lead the girls inside with Winter beside me.

"Who ez this?" the same girl asks looking at Winter.

"My dog Winter" I answer.  I lead them up the stairs pointing out floors and corridors along the way. We arrive at the library. "Here we are, will you be ok finding your way back to the entrance hall?" I ask them. They nod their heads and thank  me. I leave with Winter.

(That night)

I sit by Harry with Winter under the table in front of me. She wanted table scraps, the spoiled dog. The feast was delicious. It is time for the goblet of fire to choose the champions from each school. I don't know who has nominated from Hogwarts. Other then Angelina from our house.

Micheal and I decided not to watch people put their names in. But I heard about the twins accident. It sounded hilarious. Apparently, they won't the only ones to grow beards. But theirs grew the longest. We all look at Dumbledore as he stands in front of the goblet of fire. Suddenly it's fire turns bright red as a piece of parchment it shoot out of it.

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum" Dumbledore announces. Durmstrang cheers slapping him on the back as he heads to the front of the room. He goes through the door behind the staff table, in the trophy room. Where the champions have been told to wait. The fire goes red again and this time a blue piece of parchment shoots out of it.

"This must be the Beauxbatons champion" I tell Harry and he nods his head in agreement.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour" Dumbledore announces. The part veela girl stands up and heads to the front of the room with cheers following her. Only Hogwarts left. The fire goes red for a third time and the last name is shoot out. "The Hogwarts champion is..... Cedric Diggory" he says dramatically.

Us Hogwarts student cheer as Cedric heads to the trophy room. "Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore explains pointing to the cup.

We cheer, but the goblet glows red once more and another name flies out. Dumbledore takes it as we look at him confused. "Harry Potter" he reads out loud and I look at my cousin shocked. Why would his name be in the goblet? He's not seventeen. Professor McGonagall talks to Dumbledore in hushes whispers.

"Harry, you didn't put your name in the goblet did you?" I ask him.

"Of course not" he tells me.

"Harry, come up here!" Dumbledore calls.

"Go on Harry" Hermione encourages. Harry goes up to Dumbledore, who gives him the piece of parchment with his name on it. Before sending him to the trophy room. Dumbledore dismisses the rest of us.

"Hermione, Harry is going to be ok right?" I ask her worried.

"Of course he will, we'll help him. Right Ron?" she asks. But Ron says nothing. "We'll talk to him when he gets back" she assures me.

"People died Hermione and he is not as experienced as the other three" I remind her still worried.

"I'm sure it's a lot safer then it was back then. Dumbledore would not let Harry compete if he didn't think he could not handle it" she tells me.

"Ok" I say as I pat Winter. We arrive in the common room and grab our usual seats by the fire. Many of our fellow Gryffindors kept asking me if I knew how Harry put his name into the fire? I just ignored them as I brush Winter. Honestly they are all stupid if they believe Harry would enter himself into this competition. He doesn't need the money and has enough fame already. Not that he likes the reason behind that fame. What would he gain other then an empty cup?

A/N

Gif above of the Goblet of Fire turning red and picture on the external link of Harry with Cedric.