To Sign or Not Sign

Graciela's POV

"Thank you all for coming tonight. Sorry for the location and time change. But I couldn't be to careful with what happened to the DA" I state.

"We understand" Luna assures me.

"So how did the meeting go? With the Potioneer?" Ginny asks.

"It went great and that's what we're hear to discuss tonight" I state.

"Gracie and I have both read the contract. And agree to the terms" Micheal explains.

"But we won't sign it, unless the majority of you agree to them also" I add. I take out several copies of the contract, but leave the real one in my bag. "Please pass these out and read them" I state handing them to Ginny. She nods her head and does so.

"So what will they get out of this?" Justin asks me.

"Good publicity when we change the werewolf laws and get a centers set up. They'll make the wolfs-bane potion and teach others to make it. Along with help those who wish to become animagi" I explain.

"Sounds like we get most of the benefits" Parvati states.

"True, but they'd also be expanding their group also" Micheal states. "Who knows some of us may join them and them us. It's a great opportunity" he tells us.

"I wouldn't mind joining them in future" Padma states.

"You'd be a great Potions Mistress" her sister tells her.

"What about the werewolves? How did they react to your article?" Justin asks me. I share a look with Micheal and we smile.

"Most have abandoned you-know-who to join our fight. The only ones still on his side it Greyback and his pack" I state. Every chatters happily at the news and start to discuss the contract amongst themselves.

"Think they'll agree?" Micheal asks me.

"Don't know, I think most will" I state.

"We're on our way Gracie, your dream is going to come true" he tells me.

"Our dream" I tell him.

"No, yours" he corrects me. "This has been your dream since your second year. You spread the word and got the members. I only donated money and supported you" he states.

"Thank you for that, I'm not sure I could of made it this far with out you" I tell him.

"I'm sure you could of" he says confidently. "How's your hand?" he asks me concerned. All in the DA had to suffer through Umbridge's form of detention.

"It's fine, but we need to get more murtlap essence" I tell him.

"Maybe we could ask Hector" he suggests.

"You know it'd never get past the screening process" I tell him. "We need to make it ourselves" I state. "But the only place you can get them around here is Snape's store room or if your lucky enough to find a murtlap near the Lake" I explain.

"We'll figure something out" he assures me.

Soon everyone has read the terms of the contract. And we all discuss it as a group. As I thought most seem to agree to the terms. But it's time for the silent vote. They all take turns writing down their vote, then Ginny tallies them.

"So what's the verdict?" I ask her curious when she's done. "Do we sign it or not?" I ask.

"We sign" she says and everyone cheers.

"Ok everyone settle down" Micheal tells them. As I take out the real contract and a quill with an ink well. I sign it, then hand Micheal the quill. He signs it also.

"That's that then, I'll find a safe way to send it to Hector" I tell everyone. "Does anyone else have anything they want to bring up?" I ask the crowd.

"Have you had any contact with the wolves since the article?" Justin asks.

"Only a few letters, nothing else" I state.

"What about Professor Lupin?" Padma asks.

"Saw him over Christmas break, he's the one who sent me the letter about the wolves abandoning you know who" I state. "Anything else?" I ask them. No one says anything and I check the time. "Ok we still have a half hour before curfew, so everyone leave in pairs or small groups. Act natural" I tell them.

They all do so. I left with Micheal and he escorts me to my common room. We go to kiss. "Ten points from gryffindor" a voice drawls and we pull away to see Draco. "Come cousin, I'll escort you back to our common room. We have much to discuss" he states.

"See you around Micheal" I say with a smile.

"Sweet dreams Ciela" he says with a smile. Before leaving with Draco. I enter my common room and go sit by Hermione. I start to do my homework. Telling her in whispers how my meeting went.

Micheal's POV

"You need to stop hanging out with that mudblood" Draco sneers.

"Her name is Graciela and she's my girlfriend. I love her and nothing you or anyone else says will change that" I tell him annoyed.

"He knows you're dating someone, if he finds out her blood status and relationship to Potter. She'll be in danger" he tells me.

"I know that" I mutter.

"Then do the right thing and break up with her. It'll protect her for longer if you two aren't involved" he sates. "I have to continue patrol, think about what I've said cousin" he tells me when we reach the entrance to our common room. I nod my head and he left me. I enter the common room and go straight to my dorm.

I think about what Draco said. He's right as long as I date her, she'll be in more danger. If Voldemort ever got me, he'd use me to get to her. Then use her to get to Harry. I know I should break up with her, at least until the war is over. But I love her to much to let her go. Maybe there's another way, I have to speak to Dumbledore some how or the Order. They could get her somewhere safe and protect her.