Knight Bus Trip

Grace's POV

"What you doin' down there?" Stan asks Harry.

"I feel over" he states.

"Wha'cha fall over for?" Stan asks with a chuckle.

"He didn't do it on purpose" I tell him as Harry gets up.

"Well come on then! Let's not wait for the grass to grow!" he states. He grabs Harry's trunk while he grabs mine. We get onto the bus and seat up the front on a bed. I strap Winter to me using my scarf feeling like this is going to be a bumpy ride.

Stan tells Ernie the drive to take it away. "Yeah, take it away, Ernie! Fasten your safety belts, clench your buttocks! It's going be a bumpy ride!" a shrunken head says in a Jamaican accent.

We take off with a bang and Harry falls onto the bed while I gripped the edge. So glad I strapped Winter to me. I then hear Harry ask about a man and look up to see him point to the Daily Prophet in Stan's hand. On the cover was a picture of the murderer that had escaped prison.

Stan hands it to Harry to read while I read it over his shoulder.

Sirius Black, possibly the most infamous prisoner ever to be held in Azkaban fortress, is still eluding capture, the Ministry of Magic confirmed today.

"We are doing all we can to recapture Black," said the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, this morning, "and we beg the magical community to remain calm."

Fudge has been criticised by some members of the International Confederation of Wizards for informing the Muggle Prime Minister of the crisis.

"Well, really, I had to, don't you know," said an irritable Fudge. "Black is mad. He's a danger to anyone who crosses him, magic or Muggle. I have the Prime Minister's assurance that he will not breathe a word of Black's true identity to anyone. And let's face it — who'd believe him if he did?"

While Muggles have been told that Black is carrying a gun (a kind of metal wand that Muggles use to kill each other), the magical community lives in fear of a massacre like that of twelve years ago, when Black murdered thirteen people with a single curse.

"He killed thirteen people with one curse?" I ask shocked.

"Yeah and he laughed as the Aurors took him away from the scene" Stan states.

"How did he escape Azkaban?" I ask him.

"Well that's the question, isn't it? He's the first one who did it. He was a big supporter of You-Know-Who. Reckon you've heard of him?" Stan says.

"Yeah, him we've heard of" Harry mumbles.

"What did you say your names were?" he asks us changing the subject.

"We didn't" Harry tells him.

"Well, whereabouts are you headed?" Stan asks.

"The Leaky Cauldron" I state.

"That's in London" Harry adds while I roll my eyes.

"D'you hear that, Ern? The Leaky Cauldron, that's in London" Stan says sarcastically.

"Ah, the Leaky Cauldron! If you have the pea soup, make sure you eat it before it eats you!" the shrunken head shouts. We soon stop to let off an elderly woman before continuing our journey towards London. "Ernie, little old lady at twelve o'clock!" he shouts.

We stop suddenly and Harry is flung into the window. While Stan stills stands there reading his paper like nothing happened. Winter woke up whining and I try to soothe her. "Ten... nine... eight... seven... six... five... four... 'tree'... 'tree' and a half... two... one and 'tree' quarters... YES!" we take off with another bang. Never again, will I ride this bus.

Finally we arrive at the Leaky Cauldron and we pay Stan a eleven sickles each. Grabbing our stuff we get off of the bus. "Thanks" Harry and I say smiling up at Stan.

"Well, bye then" Harry says.But Stan wasn't paying attention to him. Still standing in the doorway to the bus, he is goggling at the shadowy entrance to the Leaky Cauldron.

"There you are Harry, Graciela" says a male voice behind us as a hand lands on each of our shoulders. Stan shouts for Ernie while Harry and I groan. He asks the man behind us (who turns out to be the minister of magic) what he called Harry and I. "This is Harry Potter and his muggleborn cousin Graciela" he states.

"I knew it, I can see your scar!" Stan exclaims looking at Harry.

"I'm very glad the Knight Bus picked them both up, but we need to step inside the Leaky Cauldron now" the minister states. The in-keeper grabs our trunks and Hedwig's cage. While I continue to carry Winter, who has fallen back to sleep.

A/N

Picture above of Stan and Ernie. Picture on the external link of the Knight Bus.