First Day

Grace's POV

It's the morning of the first day of classes and McGonagall has given us our timetable. Hermione is taking all the classes and the guys have no idea how. I have a few ideas, but I'm sure it's suppose to be a secret. So I won't say anything. Anyway Ginny and I are heading to Potions.

We sit down in the middle row. Once everyone arrived Snape said we'd be studying the Wiggenweld potion. A healing potion that cures small injuries and can wake people from a magically induced sleep. Ginny and I took notes during his lecture.

As I walk through the hall afterwards I bump into someone. Making them drop their books. "I'm so sorry" I say as I bent down to pick them up. Trouble is, they did the same thing and we bumped heads. "Sorry" I say again.

"No it's my fault" says a smooth male voice. I look up into gorgeous gray eyes framed by dark brown hair. "The name's Micheal Gale" he says as we stand up after collecting his books. I could tell he lied about his last name. But decide it's unimportant.

"Graciela Dursley, but call me Grace" I tell him holding out a hand.

"Harry Potter's muggleborn cousin" he states and I notice his slytherin robes.

"Yeah" I say shrugging.

"Wow, you're not what I expected" he says.

"Is that a good thing?" I ask him.

"It's a good thing" he tells me smiling. "I have to get to charms, but do you want to study later in the library?" he asks me.

"Sure, see you then" I tell him. Before we go our separate ways. Once outside I run to Herebology and make it just in time. I stand beside Ginny as Professor Sprout takes the roll. Afterwards we start to study Fluxweed and it's use in healing. Class finished and we go to lunch. Where Hagrid gave me Winter and I feed her. I looked after her all lunch, until Hagrid took her back for my afternoon classes.

After lunch we had history of magic and Ginny had to keep nudging me. As I kept nearly falling asleep. I'm so glad I got a quill that could take notes on it's own. Because I'd never be able to in this class. Harry got it for me last Christmas hearing about how much trouble I've had taking notes in this class. It's helped my grades a lot to, as I don't have to go through the text book for homework and have notes for the exams.

We then had Charms, which I've always enjoyed. I'm actually contemplating becoming the Charms Professor after school. But I'm not a hundred percent certain on that yet. As I also like Transfiguration and DADA. I also like the thought of beating the one year record as the DADA teacher. I'll just continue to think it over until career advice in fifth year. In charms we did theory on the disarming charm and were given homework. To do an essay on how to cast it and how it can be used properly in a duel.

Now we're in DADA in the front row as we were the first to arrive. Once everyone had sat down professor Lupin takes the roll. Then gave us a practical test to see where we are with defensive spells. We then spent the rest of the lesson perfecting them. I'm now on my way to the library to see Micheal.

I spot him on a table alone with several books and sit down across from him. "You came" he says a little surprised.

"Of course, what you doing?" I ask. As I take out my charms and DADA book to start my essay.

"Transfiguration essay on how to cast Reparifarge and what it does" he states. "You?" he asks.

"Charms essay on the how to cast the disarming charm and how it's used in duels" I tell him.

"I'm pretty good at DADA, I could help you if you want" he says.

"Sure and I can help you with Transfiguration" I tell him. Suddenly I hear paws running across the floor. I turn in my sit just in time to catch Winter. "You can't be in here girl" I scold her gently.

"We could study outside, it's a nice day" Micheal states. So that's what we do. Winter lays beside me sleeping as we do our homework. "So what's her name?" he asks me.

"Winter" I tell him smiling. "Do you have a pet?" I ask.

"No, but I'm thinking of getting one in a couple of years. How did you get permission to bring her here?" he asks me.

"I wrote a letter to Dumbledore and my head of house. Hagrid looks after her while I'm in class as she's so young and still needs a lot of care. But I wouldn't have it any other way" I tell him. "If you want, I can put in a good word with Dumbledore" I tell him.

"You'd do that for me?" he asks me shocked.

"Of course, we are friends now right?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I guess we are" he says with an amazing smile. Suddenly someone was calling his name and he curses. "I'll see you around Grace" he states gathering his stuff before running towards the voice. That was strange I think as I pat Winter. Though not as strange as Hermione running off to the library everytime she comes up with an idea and wants to check it. I pack up my things and go to dinner after returning my bag to the common room. I sit down next to Harry and give Winter her dinner before eating mine.

Harry then tells me about his first day. He did his two new classes today. Divination he didn't like very much. Care of magical creatures was going great until Malfoy insulted the hippogriff. Ending the class early as Hagrid had to carry him to the hospital wing. I then tell him about my day and how I made a new friend. Of course, I didn't tell him that said friend is in Slytherin.

A/N

Picture above of the second years timetable and picture on the external link of Micheal.

New contest, can anyone guess his true last name? The answer will be revealed in the Goblet of Fire. But until then guess, only one guess per reader please. I wish you all good luck. The winner gets to name his pet for the fifth book.