Afraid of the Moon

Grace's POV

It's now Wednesday and I've meet Micheal everyday after classes to study by the lake. Today I have double potions and I'm so excited. We'd be making our first potion of the year in groups of three. I managed to convince Ginny to allow Micheal join our group. I sit in between them as we start to brew our sleeping draught. It's simple, but powerful. Hermione used one last year on Crabbe and Goyle.

"Ready for three measures of the crushed mixture" Micheal states. Ginny adds it to the potion and I wave my wand. We leave it to simmer for seventy minutes.

"So how did you two meet?" Ginny asks us.

"I ran into him on the first day on the way to Herebology" I say smiling.

"We then studied together after classes and become friends" Micheal adds. I nod my head.

"You know, you remind me of someone" Ginny says looking at him.

"I just have one of those faces" he tells her. "How's Winter?" he asks me.

"She's great, apparently she and Fang get along really well. Hagrid is trying to get me to let him introduce her to Fluffy" I tell him.

"The three headed dog?" Ginny asks in a whisper and I nod my head.

"No way that's happening until she's six months old" I state.

"But she'd still be a puppy, shouldn't she be an adult at least?" Micheal asks me.

"True, but the earlier they meet. The sooner they get acquainted" I tell them. We then look at our books like we're reading as Snape walks by. I then check the potion and turn the heat down a little.

(Sixty minutes later)

I add two measures of the standard ingredient and heat the potion for a minute. Ginny then adds the sprigs, petals and essence. Micheal stirs it's seven times clockwise and then waves his wand to complete the potion. We then bottle it in a phial each with our names on it and take it up to Professor Snape.

He took it and told us to clean up our bunch. Then we could leave. "Wow he's never let a Gryffindor out early before, ever" Ginny says in awe.

"Perks of having a Slytherin for a friend" I tell her smirking.

"Is that why we're friends?" Micheal asks fawning hurt.

"Of course not" I assure him smiling. "You know you'd fail Transfiguration without me" I tell him.

"No way, you'd fail defense" he states and we chuckle.

"Speaking of, I wanted to talk to Lupin about the essay before class. See you in class Ginny and see you at the lake Micheal" I say before leaving. I'm glad Lupin isn't teaching as I enter his class.

"Ah Grace, you're early" he says smiling.

"I know, I wanted to ask you something" I tell him.

"About?" he asks curious.

"I heard Harry and his friends talking during lunch. You did Boggarts with them this morning and didn't let Harry face his. Apparently you're scared of a silvery glowing orb" I explain. "They thought it a crystal ball, but I don't think so" I tell him.

"What do you think it was?" he asks concerned.

"I've never told anyone, but I sometimes have visions. When I heard them talk I had a vision of a werewolf howling at a full moon. Which could be mistaken as a silvery orb at a quick glance" I explain. "Professor I do not fear you, nor will I speak of this outside this room. But I just wanted you to know, that you have someone you can trust" I tell him.

"Thank you Grace, please do keep it quiet. Only the staff to know and I do not want students to fear me" he states.

"I'm sure after they get to know the real you, they won't care what you are. I don't" I tell him smiling. "So what are we studying today?" I ask him.

"Disarming charm, I heard you're writing an essay on it for Charms. I thought it'd be useful to you all to learn about it in defense class" he states.

"Brilliant professor" I say smiling. Soon the rest of the class appear and Ginny sits beside me. Lupin takes the roll and starts the lesson. At the end we each taking turns disarming a dummy. (Dueling dummy: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/harrypotter/images/a/a5/Mechanical_Death_Eater.png/revision/latest?cb=20170923215010).

Ginny went first and took several tries to get it right. A few others went next and it's finally my turn. I remember the stance Snape took last year and his wrist movement. Perks of a photo graphic memory. Though there are somethings I wish I could forget. "Expelliarmus" I say and the wand flies out of the dummies hand.

"Very well done Grace and I'm afraid that's all we have time for today. For everyone who had a go five points to your house and for those who disarmed the dummy ten points. Good luck with your charms essays" Lupin tells us. We thank him and leave class. I head straight for the lake and am soon joined by Micheal.

Ginny also joins us wanting help with her essay. So we all study together taking turns throwing a stick for Winter. Until she fell asleep beside Ginny. We finished our homework and I pick up Winter we return to castle. Ginny and I return to our dorm where I place Winter on my bed. I then put down her dinner knowing she'll wake soon to eat it. We then went to the great hall for our own dinner.

A/N

Gif above of a werewolf howling at the full moon and picture on the external link of Grace's wand.