Return to Hogwarts

Graciela's POV

I only just got back and already I find out Rita is spreading lies about my cousin again. The article says:

A boy like no other, perhaps yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen year old Harry Potter thought that he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Muggle-born Hermione Granger. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss.

Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of Viktor Krum, Bulgarian Seeker and hero of the last Quidditch World Cup, Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to stay with him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays and insists that he has "never felt this way about any other girl."

However, it may not be Miss Granger's doubtful natural charms that have captured these unfortunate young boys' interests.

"She's really ugly," says Pansy Parkinson, a pretty and vivacious fourth year student, "but she'd be well-up to making a Love Potion, she's quite brainy. I think that's how she's doing it."

Love Potions are, of course, banned at Hogwarts, and no doubt Albus Dumbledore will want to investigate these claims. In the meantime, Harry Potter's well-wishers must hope that, next time, he bestows his heart on a worthier candidate

Honestly it's repulsive. Hermione would never use a love potion on anyone and she only sees Harry as a friend. Also if Krum is smitten with Hermione, it's because he genuinely likes her. When I get my hands on Rita, she'll wish she never spread lies about my cousin or friend. She also had the nerve to speard Hagrid's secret heritage to the wizarding world. He's half-giant and now he is to ashamed to teach. So we have a substitute teacher in CoMC.

Anyway I have yet to tell Harry that I am dating Micheal. I told Ginny and Hermione. They are happy for me and are encouraging me to tell Harry. But I am nervous, being friends with a slytherin is one thing. Dating said slytherin is another. Anyway it's a Hogsmeade weekend and I'm spending it with Harry & the others. Along with Winter, I have not been able to talk to Hagrid about her yet.

We go to the three broomsticks and it's crowded as usual. We ordered four butterbeers from Madam Rosmerta. After we received our drinks we sit at a table and Winter lays under it. "Doesn't he ever go into the office?" Hermione asks us. We look at her confused. "Look" she says pointing to the mirror behind us. We look to see Ludo Bagman reflected there, sitting in a shadowy corner with a bunch of goblins. Bagman was talking very fast in a low voice to the goblins, all of whom had their arms crossed and were looking rather menacing.

It is odd, but none of our business. Harry goes to talk to him once the goblins left. Ron goes to the loo leaving me with Hermione. "So have you told him yet?" she asks me quietly.

"No, what if he gets mad?" I ask her.

"Micheal makes you happy and cares about you. Harry knows that, he'll be fine with it" she assures me. "Besides better you tell him, then he find you both making out" she adds.

"We don't make out" I mumble blushing. She giggles and the boys rejoin us. Hermione then starts to lecture Harry when she finds out he hasn't figured out his egg yet.

"Uh oh" Ron says looking at the door. I turn to see Rita Skeeter and my blood boils.

"What are you doing here?" I demand.

"Trying to ruin someone else's life?" Harry asks her. A few people looked around. Rita Skeeter's eyes widened behind her jeweled spectacles as she saw who had spoken.

"Harry, Gracie!" she shouts. "How lovely! Why don't you come and join-?" she starts to ask.

"I wouldn't come near you with a ten-foot broomstick" Harry snaps.

"Also only friends call me that, you call me Miss Dursley" I tell her hotly. "You better not spread anymore lies about my cousin and our friends. Also what did Hagrid ever do to you?" I demand.

""Our readers have a right to the truth, Miss Dursley. I am merely doing my..." she starts to say. But Harry cuts her off.

"Who cares if he's half-giant? There's nothing wrong with him!" Harry exclaims. The whole pub had gone very quiet. Madam Rosmerta was staring over from behind the bar, apparently oblivious to the fact that the flagon she was filling with mead was overflowing.

Rita Skeeter's smile flickered very slightly, but she hitched it back almost at once; she snapped open her crocodile-skin handbag, pulled out her Quick-Quotes Quill. "How about giving me an interview about the Hagrid you know. Harry? The man behind the muscles? Your unlikely friendship and the reasons behind it. Would you call him a father substitute?" she asks him.

"You are a horrible woman" Hermione states and I nod my head in agreement as Winter growls at Rita. "You don't care, do you, anything for a story, and anyone will do, wont they?" she demands.

"Sit down, you silly little girl, and don't talk about things you don't understand" Rita tells her.

"You do not speak to my friends that way, we're done here" I state. "Come on guys, lets go" I tell the other three. They agree and we leave the pub.

"She'll be after you both next, Hermione and Gracie" Ron tells us.

"Let her try" I tell him.

"I'll show her! Silly little girl, am I? Oh, I'll get her back for this. First Harry, then Hagrid" Hermione says.

"You both don't want to go upsetting Rita Skeeter. I'm serious, she'll dig up something on you both" Ron tells us.

"My parents don't read the Daily Prophet. She can't scare me into hiding!" Hermione tells him hotly.

"She won't scare me either" I state. "There is only one thing she can use on me and I won't let that happen" I tell them and look at Harry. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you since I came back from break. I'm dating Micheal" I tell him. "I won't deny I have strong feelings for him and I won't hide our relationship anymore" I state.

"Wow, if you're happy I'm happy" Harry says sheepishly. "But is he hurts you, I'll hex him" he states. I smile and hug him.

A/N

Picture above of Rita's article on Harry and on the external link on the one of Hagrid.