Party Crashers

Graciela's POV

We're all having a blast in the Weasley tent. Ron won't stop talking about how amazing Krum is though. "There's no one like Krum" he declares.

"Dumb Krum" teh twins chorus.

"He's like a bird the way he rides the wind. He's more than an athlete, he's an artist" Ron explains. Ginny approaches him.

"I think you're in love Ron" she tells him teasingly.

"I agree" I say from my spot at the table beside Micheal. We'd been playing a game of go fish. I'd been teaching him.

"Shove off" he tells us grumbling.

"Viktor I love you! Viktor I do!" the twins sing loudly. Harry and Micheal join in.

"When we're apart my heart beats only for youuu!" they sing loudly. Ginny, Hermione and I laugh. We suddenly hear shouts and explosions from outside. Mr Weasley goes to see what it is.

"Side's like the Irish have got their pride on" Micheal states and I nod my head in agreement.

"Do you have a three?" I ask him.

"Go fish" he says and I go to draw a card when a frantic Mr Weasley reenter's the tent.

"That's not the Irish" he tells us. "We've gotta get out of here. Now" he orders. We all draw our wands and Micheal grabs my free hand as we run out of the tent. By the light of the few fires that were still burning, we could see people running away into the woods, fleeing something that was moving across the field toward them. Something that was emitting odd flashes of light and noises like gunfire.

Loud jeering, roars of laughter, and drunken yells were drifting toward us. Then came a burst of strong green light, which illuminated the scene. Nova rushes over to us. "Micheal go with your friends and get back to the port key" she orders.

"She's right, get back to the portkey everybody, and stick together. Fred, George... Ginny
is your responsibility" Mr Weasley orders. As  a crowd of wizards, tightly packed and moving together with wands pointing straight upward, was marching slowly across the field.

High above them, floating along in midair, four struggling figures were being contorted into grotesque shapes. Two of the figures were very small. More wizards were joining the marching group, laughing and pointing up at the floating bodies.

Tents crumpled and fell as the marching crowd swelled. Once or twice I saw one of the marchers blast a tent out of his way with his wand. Several caught fire. The screaming grew louder.

The floating people were suddenly illuminated as they passed over a burning tent and I recognized one of them: Mr. Roberts, the campsite manager. The other three looked as though they might be his wife and children. "Don't look Grace, run" Micheal tells me. Us kids take off towards the woods while Mr Weasley and Nova went to help the ministry officials dealing with the dark wizards.

We get separated from Ginny and the twins. But managed to stick with Harry, Hermione and Ron. Suddenly we hear Ron yell in pain and all freeze. "What happened?" I ask fearfully as I try to look through the darkness.

"Ron, where are you? Oh this is stupid - lumos" Hermione says.

"Lumos" Micheal and I say lighting our wands also. Hermione directed its narrow beam across the path. Ron was lying sprawled on the ground.

"Tripped over a tree root" he says angrily, getting to his feet again. I sigh in relief.

"Well, with feet that size, hard not to" a voice drawls behind us. We all turn to see Draco Malfoy leaning against a tree. His arms folded, he seemed to have been watching the scene at the campsite through a gap in the trees."Hadn't you better be hurrying along, now? You wouldn't like them spotted, would you?" he asks nodding to Hermione and I.