Expelled?

Graciela's POV

We enter the house and mum notices us straight away. She calls for dad. "There were dark creatures, they attacked us. Harry and I drove them off, Dudley needs chocolate. It'll help" I tell them. But I'm ignored as Dudley accuses Harry of doing this to him. "It wasn't Harry's fault!" I exclaim. As I stand in front of him with Winter.

A screech owl swooped in through the kitchen window. Narrowly missing the top of Uncle dad's head. It soared across the kitchen, dropped two envelopes at mine and Harry's feet. "OWLS AGAIN! I WILL NOT HAVE ANY MORE OWLS IN MY HOUSE!" dad yells. Harry and I ignore him as we grab the letters. I open the one with my name and read it:

Dear Miss Dursley,

We have received intelligence that you performed the Patronus Charm at twenty-three minutes past nine this evening in a Muggle-inhabited area and in the presence of a Muggle.

The severity of this breach of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery has resulted in your expulsion from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Ministry representatives will be calling at your place of residence shortly to destroy your wand.

As you have already received an official warning for a previous offense under Section 13 of the International Confederation of Warlocks' Statute of Secrecy, we regret to inform you that your presence is required at a disciplinary hearing at the Ministry of Magic at 9 a. m. on the twelfth of August.

Hoping you are well,

Yours sincerely,

Mafalda Hopkirk

Improper Use of Magic Office

Ministry of Magic

Harry and I exchange letters. "This makes no sense, Dudley is my brother. He knows about magic" I say confused. "No one else saw us, aside from Mrs Figg and she's a squib" I state. Just then a barn owl appears. I grab the letter and read it with Harry.

Harry, Grace

Dumbledore's just arrived at the Ministry and he's trying to sort it all out. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE. DO NOT DO ANY MORE MAGIC. DO NOT SURRENDER YOUR WANDs.

Arthur Weasley

Dad and Harry start to argue. I block them out as I went to my room. I find a single chocolate bar. I race downstairs and hand it to Dudley. "Here, it'll help. Trust me" I tell him as mum hugs him. He takes it and takes a bite. Colour starts to return to his cheeks. I smile and went to feed Winter.

Just then two other letters arrive. "It's from the ministry" I state handing Harry his. I open mine.

Dear Miss Dursley,

Further to our letter of approximately twenty-two minutes ago, the Ministry of Magic has revised its decision to destroy your wand forthwith. You may retain your wand until your disciplinary hearing on the twelfth of August, at which time an official decision will be taken.

Following discussions with the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The Ministry has agreed that the question of your expulsion will also be decided at that time. You should therefore consider yourself suspended from school pending further inquiries.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Mafalda Hopkirk

Improper Use of Magic Office

Ministry of Magic

I sigh in relief. "We'll be cleared no doubt, Dudley knows about us. No other muggle saw. Also Mrs Figg is a squib, she can confirm that we used magic in self defense. Under aged wizards are allowed to use magic for self defense" I tell Harry smiling. He gives me a weak smile. I then explained about what happened in the alley way.

When a fourth owl appears. "It's from Sirius" Harry tells me. I read it with him. Arthur has just told us what's happened. Don't leave the house either of you, whatever you do.

"Seriously, we were just attacked by dementors. And that's all he has to say?" I ask annoyed. Harry finishes the story and tells them that Voldemort is back. Dad tries to make him leave when a fifth owl appears dropping a howler in front of my mother.

"REMEMBER MY LAST, PETUNIA" it says before turning to ash. Mum said Harry couldn't leave. She tells us to to go to our room and not leave it. Harry and I try to ask who the howler was from. But she refused to answer. I tell her to make sure Dudley had more chocolate. Before Harry and I went to our room with Winter.

We've just been attacked by dementors and we might be expelled from Hogwarts. We want to know what's going on and when we are going to get out of here Harry and I write. He makes three copies and I only make one. I addressed it to Mr Weasley. While Harry sent his to Ron, Hermione and Sirius. We couldn't send them as Hedwig was out hunting. I fell asleep with Winter as Harry paced the room.

A/N

Picture above of the letter.