Quibbler Articles

Graciela's POV

So it's been nine days since the interviews. A couple days ago Gryffindor played against Hufflepuff. The match only lasts for 22 minutes. Ron failed to stop multiple goals. Though Ginny did catch the snitch in the end. We lost by ten points. Overall it is a disappointingly poor performance by the Gryffindors.

Anyway I'm sitting with Harry and his friends for breakfast this morning. Hermione and I talking about up coming exams. Winter was outside somewhere with her pups. As Umbridge banned dogs from being allowed in the castle. Just because the pups liked to cause trouble for her and because she hates dogs. Old hag.

Suddenly an owl landed in front of Harry. "Who're you after?" Harry asks the owl. He looks at the recipient's name and address. Frowning, he made to take the letter from the owl, but before he could do so, three, four, five more owls had fluttered down beside it and were jockeying for position, treading in the butter and knocking over the salt as each one attempted to give him their letter first. As several owls landed in front of me attempting to do the same.

"What's going on?" Ron asks us.

"No idea" I tell him. As the whole of Gryffindor table leaned forwards to watch and another seven owls landed amongst the first ones. Screeching, hooting and flapping their wings.

"Harry, Grace!" Hermione exclaims. She plunges her hands into the feathery mass and pulling out a screech owl bearing a long, cylindrical package. "I think I know what this means--open this one first" she tells us. Handing it over.

Harry ripped off the brown packaging. Out rolled a tightly furled copy of the March edition of The Quibbler. He unrolled it to see his own face grinning sheepishly at him from the front cover. In large red letters across this picture were the words:

HARRY POTTER SPEAKS OUT AT LAST:

THE TRUTH ABOUT HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED

AND THE NIGHT I SAW HIM RETURN

"It's good, isn't it?" Luna asks as she joins us. "It came out yesterday, I asked Dad to send you a free copy. Both articles are in it. I expect all these, are letters from readers" she tells us gesturing to the owls.

"That's what I thought" Hermione says eagerly.  "Harry, Grace d'you mind if we..." Hermione asks gesturing to the owls.

"Help yourself" he tells her and I nod my head in agreement. I grab a letter with my name on it. Ron and Hermione both started ripping open envelopes.

Dear Graciela,

I am so grateful for what you are doing for the werewolves of our community. My aunt is a wolf and I hate seeing her struggle. I'd like to make a donation, can I have bank details for the organization?

Yours Sincerely,

Mr Lee

"This guy wants to make a a donation" I tell them happily.

"So does this girl" Micheal states.

"This one's from a bloke who thinks you're off your rocker" Ron says reading one of Harry's letters.

"This woman recommends you try a good course of Shock Spells at St. Mungos" Hermione adds.

"This one looks OK, though" Harry tells us. "Hey she says she believes me!" he says excitedly. I read another of my letters, saw it was a hater and set it on fire. Before grabbing another one.

"This one's in two minds" Fred states. "Says you don't come across as a mad person, but he really doesn't want to believe You-Know-Who's back so he doesn't know what to think now. Blimey, what a waste of parchment" he explains.

"We got another donator" Micheal tells me.

"Someone wants to sponsor the organization" Ginny adds.

"Seriously?" I ask shocked and she hands me the letter. "Oh my Merlin" I say shocked. It was from the founder of the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers. He not only wants to sponsor us, but be the prime maker of Wolfs Bane potion for werewolves. He's asked to meet to discuss a contract. I show it to Micheal and he smiles.

"Here's another one you've convinced, Harry!" Hermione exclaims.

"What is going on here?" a falsely sweet, girlish voice asks. I turn to see Umbridge. Her bulging toad's eyes scanning the mess of owls and letters on the table in front of Harry & I. Behind her I see many of the students watching them avidly. "Why have you got all these letters, Mr. Potter? Miss Dursley?" she asks us.

"Is that a crime now? Getting mail?" Fred asks her.

"Be careful, Mr Weasley or I shall have to put you in detention" she tells him.

"People have written to me because I gave an interview" Harry tells her. "About what happened to me last June" he states. Drawing her attention away from me. I start to grab my letters with Micheal. Pocketing them for later.

"An interview? What do you mean?" she demands.

"I mean a reporter asked me questions and I answered them" he states. "Here" he says handing her the Quibbler.

"When did you do this?" she demands.

"Lasts Hogsmeade Weekend" he states. She looked up at him, incandescent with rage, the magazine shaking in her stubby fingers.

"There will be no more Hogsmeade trips for you, Mr. Potter. Or you Miss Dursley" she tells us. "I have tried again and again to teach you not to tell lies. The message, apparently, has still not sunk in. Fifty points from Gryffindor and a week's worth of detentions each" she states before storming off.

By mid-morning enormous signs had been put up all over the school, not just on house noticeboards, but in the corridors and classrooms too. Banning anyone from reading the Quibbler. Every time Hermione caught sight of one of these signs she beamed with pleasure.

"What exactly are you so happy about?" Harry asks her.

"Oh, Harry, don't you see?" she asks him. "If she could have done one thing to make absolutely sure that every single person in this school will read your interview, it was banning it" she states. By the end of the day, though we had not seen so much as a corner of The Quibbler anywhere in the school, the whole place seemed to be quoting both interviews to each other.

I heard them whispering about it as they queued up outside classes. Discussing it over lunch and in the back of lessons. Hermione even reported that every occupant of the cubicles in the girls' toilets had been talking about it when she nipped in there before Ancient Runes.

Anyway I read all my letters. Most were supportive. I even got some from a few werewolves thanking me for speaking out. Remus even wrote me a letter, congratulating me. Apparently word got to the Werewolf camps and most want to leave Greyback as I've given them hope that we can live peacefully & give them better lives. And equal rights. It filled my heart with joy knowing Voldemort wouldn't have an army of wolves. Just Fenrir's small back of followers. I wrote back to the founder of the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers. Saying I'd love to meet him and discuss a contract.

A/N

Picture above of the Quibbler front cover.