Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

Graciela's POV

So turns out Fleur is now dating Bill, good for them. They make a great couple in my eyes. Though Ginny and Mrs Weasley don't seem to happy about it. This morning our letters arrived and the trio got their O.W.L results. Harry and Ron got seven O.W.Ls each. Only failing Divination and History of Magic. Though Ron didn't get an outstanding in anything. While Harry got an outstanding in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Where as Hermione got eleven O.W.Ls, an outstanding in everything except Defense Against the Dark Arts. Where she got an Exceeds Expectations. All three are now N.E.W.T students.

While Micheal, Ginny and I are now O.W.L students. I'm a little nervous about the work load. Especially as I was made a prefect, along with Micheal. Mrs Weasley promised we'd celebrate tonight. Harry said he'd get me something special to celebrate. I also said I'd get him something to celebrate him becoming the new Quidditch Captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team.

Anyway, we celebrated Harry's birthday a few weeks later. It's been nice at the Burrow. I spent most of the time with Hermione, Ginny and Micheal. Along with the dogs. I can tell Micheal is worried about his mum though. No one has heard from her all summer.

After breakfast on Saturday we all have come to Diagon Alley to get out school supplies with the dogs. Bill had got Harry and I, money from Harry's vault. We will also visit the twins new up and running joke shop. We had taken ministry cars, as Harry has been given top-grade security status. We were also meet by Hagrid and Fang Jr. Who was excited to see his mother and three siblings.

"We didn't know 'security' meant you!" Harry says happily.

"I know, jus' like old times, innit? See, the Ministry wanted ter send a bunch o' Aurors, but Dumbledore said I'd do" Hagrid declares happily. We enter the Leaky Cauldron and it's the first time I've ever seen it empty. Only Tom the landlord, wizened and toothless, remained of the old crowd. He looked up hopefully as they entered, but before he could speak. "Jus' passin' through today, Tom, sure yeh understand, Hogwarts business, yeh know" Hagrid tells him.

Tom nodded gloomily and returned to wiping glasses. As we walked through the bar and out into the chilly little courtyard at the back where the dustbins stood. Hagrid raised his pink umbrella and rapped a certain brick in the wall. Which opened at once to form an archway onto a winding cobbled street. We stepped through the entrance and paused, looking around.

Diagon Alley had changed. The colorful, glittering window displays of spell books, potion ingredients, and cauldrons were lost to view. Hidden behind the large Ministry of Magic posters that had been pasted over them. Most of these somber purple posters carried blown-up versions of the security advice on the Ministry pamphlets that had been sent out over the summer, but others bore moving black-and-white photographs of Death Eaters known to be on the loose.

Bellatrix Lestrange was sneering from the front of the nearest apothecary. A few windows were boarded up, including those of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor. Apparently he had been dragged off. On the other hand, a number of shabby-looking stalls had sprung up along the street. The nearest one, which had been erected outside Flourish and Blotts, under a striped, stained awning, had a cardboard sign pinned to its front:

AMULETS: Effective Against Werewolves, Dementors, and Inferi. A seedy-looking little wizard was rattling armfuls of silver symbols on chains at passersby. He tried to sale Mrs Weasley a necklace for Ginny. As Micheal held my hand and lead me away. We all ignored the sales man.

"I think we'd better do Madam Malkin's first, Hermione wants new dress robes, and Ron's showing much too much ankle in his school robes, and you must need new ones too, Harry, you've grown so much. Along with Gracie and Micheal, come on, everyone" Mrs Weasley states leading the way.