Portkey and Campsite

Graciela's POV

Graciela's POV

Us girls got up at the right time thanks to my alarm clock. I put on the outfit I had laid out. Ginny and I went downstairs with Winter. While Hermione went to wake up Harry, Ron and the twins. We had breakfast quickly. "Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" George asks with a yawn as they enter the kitchen.

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they" Mrs Weasley reminds him. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in" she states.

"Why can't we Apparate too?" Fred asks grumpily.

"Because you're not of age and you haven't passed your test" she snaps.

"You have to pass a test to Apparate?" Harry and I ask curious.

"Oh yes" Mr Weasley says nodding. "The Department of Magical Transportation had to fine a couple of people the other day for Apparating without a license. It's not easy, Apparition, and when it's not done property it can lead to nasty complications. This pair I'm talking about went and splinched themselves" he explains.

Everyone around the table except Harry and I winced. "Splinched?" we ask.

"They left half of themselves behind or a small part" Mr Weasley explains. "So, of course, they were stuck. Couldn't move either way. Had to wait for the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad to sort them out. Meant a fair old bit of paperwork, I can tell you, what with the Muggles who spotted the body parts they'd left behind" he states.

"Were they ok?" Harry asks as I push my bowl away. No longer hungry.

"Yes, but they got a heavy fine. I don't think they'll be trying it again in a hurry. You don't mess around with Apparition. There are plenty of adult wizards who don't bother with it. Prefer brooms - slower, but safer" Mr Weasley says matter of factly.

"But Bill, Charlie and Percy can all do it?" I ask him.

"Charlie had to take the test twice" Fred says grinning. "He failed the first time. Apparated five miles south of where he meant to, right on top of some poor old dear doing her shopping" he says chuckling.

"Yes, well, he passed the second time" Mr Weasley adds.

"Percy only passed two weeks ago" George tells us. "He's been Apparating downstairs every morning since, just to prove he can" he states.

"That must get annoying" I mumble.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny asks rubbing her eyes.

"We've got a bit of a walk" Mr Weasley states.

"Are we walking to the world cup?" Harry and I ask him.

"No, no, that's miles away" Mr Weasley tells us with a smile. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup" he explains.

"Oh Mrs Weasley, Winter should be fine with food. I feed her when I woke up, but there is a bone in Ginny's room if she gets to rowdy. If you tell her enough or go to bed. She'll go lay by the fireplace" I explain.

"Don't worry dear, I'll manage" she assures me. "You lot should go, don't want to miss the portkey" she tells us. We smile grabbing our cup bags and leave following Mr Weasley. We soon meet up with Cedric Diggory and his father Mr Diggory.

"All these yours, Arthur?" Mr Diggory asks Mr Weasley.

"No, only the red heads" Mr Weasley tells him. "This is Hermione, friend of Ron's - and Harry, another friend. Grace is a friend of Ginny's and Harry's little cousin" he explains.

"Merlin's beard, Harry Potter?" Mr Diggory asks.

"Do you know whether we're waiting for any more, Amos?" Mr Weasley asks.

"Sorry we're late!" a woman calls and I turn to see Micheal with his mum.

"Micheal!" I cheer and run over hugging him. "I thought we were meeting at camp" I say smiling.

"We were, but I convinced mum to let us go by portkey" he says smiling.

"Also to answer your question Arthur. No, the Lovegoods have been there for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets" Micheal's mum tells him.

"We'd better get ready" Mr Weasley states.

"Portkey is over here" Mr Diggory states and we gather around an old boot.

"You just need to touch the Portkey, that's all, a finger will do" Mr Weasley tells us. With difficulty, owing to our bulky backpacks, the twelve of us crowded around the old boot held out by Mr Diggory.

We all stand there, in a tight circle, as a chill breeze swept over the hilltop. Nobody spoke. It suddenly occurred to me how odd this would look if a Muggle were to walk up here now. Twelve people, two of them grown men, one grown woman and seven teenagers clutching this manky old boot in the semidarkness, waiting.

"Three, two, one" Mr Weasley counted down. It happened immediately: I felt as though a hook just behind my navel had been suddenly jerked irresistibly forward. My feet left the ground; I can feel Micheal and Ginny on either side of me. Their shoulders banging into mine; we were all speeding forward in a howl of wind. My forefinger was stuck to the boot as though it was pulling me magnetically onward and then.

My feet slammed into the ground and I fell over. The Portkey hit the ground near my head with a heavy thud. Micheal helps me up and we dust ourselves off. "Seven past five from Stoatshead Hill" a voice announces.

In front of us was a pair of tired and grumpy-looking wizards, one of whom was holding a large gold watch. The other a thick roll of parchment and a quill. Both were dressed as Muggles, though very inexpertly: The man with the watch wore a tweed suit with thigh-length galoshes; his colleague, a kilt and a poncho. "Morning Basil" Mr Weasley says addressing the man in the kilt and poncho.

"Hello Arthur" he says. "You'd better get out of the way, we've got a big party coming in from the Black Forest at five fifteen. Hang on, I'll find your campsite" he states and looks at his parchment.  "About a quarter of a mile's walk over there, first field you come to. Same for you Nova (Micheal's mum). Site manager's called Mr. Roberts. Diggory. . . second field. . . ask for Mr. Payne" he tells us.

They thank him and we leave heading for the camp site. When we reach the first field. Mr Weasley and Nova with mine and Harry's help paid for our sections. We discover our sections are right next to each other. I go help Micheal and his mum site up their tent the muggle way. While Harry and Hermione help Mr Weasley set up theirs.

A/N

Picture above of the portkey and gif on the external link of the campsite. Picture in chapter of Grace's outfit.