Playing with the Dogs

Graciela's POV

Exams are finally over. Harry and the others invited me to go see Hagrid with them. But I wanted to spend sometime with Winter. As I haven't been able to due the exams as well as Black still being on the loss. He tried to kill Ron with a knife. But he didn't and escaped again. Now we have trolls guarding the portriat hole and Neville is no longer allowed to be given the password. As it was because he wrote the passwords down and lost them. Black used it to get into the common room. Also The Fat Lady is back.

Anyway back to the story. Winter and I heading for the lake when Micheal appeared. "There you are, I was looking for you" he says smiling.

"Well here I am" I tell him smiling. He'd helped me a lot with my revision for the exams. "What can I do for you?" I ask him.

"Hide me from Draco" he begs giving me puppy dog eyes.

"You can come hang out with Winter and I" I tell him. He smiles and we head for the lake. He and I sit under a tree as I throw a ball for Winter. "So excited for the holidays?" I ask him.

"Excited to see my mum, not so excited about having to see Draco's parents" he says as he skips a rock over the lake.

"How are you related to them again?" I ask him confused.

"My mother is his mother's second cousin, the Black family is our closest living relatives. See Draco's mum was Narcissa Black before she married Lucius Malfoy" he tells me.

"So you're related to Sirius Black?" I ask him.

"Unfortunately, he's my mother's first cousin. The Malfoy are our only relatives not in prison or dead" he states.

"That sucks" I tell him. Just then we hear happy yips and barks. We look up to see Winter playing with Dusk. "Oh Dusk, come here boy!" I call and he runs over with Winter hot on his heels. "Such a good boy" I praise patting him behind the ear.

"I didn't know you had two dogs" Micheal says confused.

"I don't, Dusk is a stray Winter befriended. They've played together most of the year and he goes to the quidditch matches for food" I tell him.

"Well it's nice to meet you Dusk" Micheal says as Dusk sniffs his hand. "I should go before Draco comes looking for me. See you at the feast later?" he asks me.

"You bet" I say smiling. He hugs me before leaving me. Dusk nudges me while looking at me strangely. "What?" I ask him and nods his head towards Micheal. "We're just friends" I tell him. "Anyway, you're it!" I cheer shoving him lightly. "Run Winter!" I scream and we take off along the lake shore. Dusk barks and gives chase. He soon catches Winter, pushing her into the water.

I laugh and they both look at me. "Oh no, stay" I say raising my hands as I back away. They charge and tackle me down. Then shake themselves spraying me with water as I laugh. "Bad dogs" I say as I wipe my face. Winter whines and nuzzles me. "Oh I can't stay mad at you girl" I say hugging her.

"Let's head back, see if we can't meet up with Harry and the others" I tell Winter. She barked and we start to head towards the castle. When we hear some shouting. "Sounds like Ron" I mumble.

"Scabbers, come back!" I hear him shout.

"He found his rat" I say smiling. Dusk tenses along with Winter and they both growl. "What's wrong with you two?" I ask confused. They take off towards Ron's voice. "Hey, get back here!" I shout running after them.

"Harry and Hermione Run! It's the Grim!" I hear Ron shout as Dusk reached the top of the hill.

"No, Dusk stay!" I shout. But he charges down the hill as I manage to grab Winter. I look on to see Dusk jump over Harry and Hermione. He went straight for Ron, grabbing his leg and drags him into the tunnel under the Whomping Willow. "Harry! Hermione!" I shout rushing over, keeping a tight grip on Winter's collar. "Are you both ok? Dusk didn't hurt you right?" I ask them concerned.

"Dusk?" they ask confused.

"The black dog that took Ron, it's a stray Winter be friended. We were all just playing by the lake, I'm so sorry" I tell them.

"Grace go back up to the castle and get help, we'll go after Ron" Harry tells me.

"But I can help" I tell him.

"It's to dangerous, go get help now" he tells me firmly.

"Ok, but take Winter with you. She can get you past the tree" I tell them. I let go of her and take off towards the castle. I run into Lupin. "Professor Lupin, Harry and the other three are in danger. A stray dog took Ron" I tell him.

"Don't worry, I'm going to go help them now" he tells me. "Go wait in my office and don't come out until a professor finds you" he instructs. I nod my head and he takes off outside the castle. I go to his office to see Professor Snape.

"Miss Dursley, do you know where Lupin is?" he asks me.

"Harry and the other two are in danger, he went to help them" I tell him.

"Where are they?" he demands putting something on the desk.

"Whomping Willow" I answer and he leaves the office wand in hand. Great, case I'm stuck here until they return. I sit down in Lupin's chair trying to think of why Dusk reacted that way. He'd always been such a loving, affectionate and playful dog. But he just looked feral then. I wonder what set him off?

A/N

Gif above of the black dog charging Harry and the others. Picture on the external link of Grace's outfit.