Fat Lady Gone / Break-in

Grace's POV

It's Halloween night and I decided to skip the feast. So I snuck into the kitchen had the elves deliver my dinner to the common room. Along with plenty of chocolate for dessert. Winter's with me as I sit by the fire in my pj's. "This is great girl" I say smiling as she eats her dinner. "Just the two of us, it's been awhile" I state as I practice charms.

Yes, I'm talking to my puppy. But I feel like she understands me. Besides we're the only ones in the common room aside from Ron's creepy rat in his dorm room. Neither Crookshanks or Winter like him very much. I don't blame them, I'm not a huge rat fan either.

Just then I heard shouting coming from the portrait hall. Winter growls and I pick her up holding her close. Gripping my wand tight. Suddenly a scratching sound is heard along with a blood curdling scream. Making Winter whimper as she snuggles into me. "We'll be ok girl, let's go hide under Harry's cloak" I tell her. I run up to Harry's dorm and find his cloak from inside his trunk. I cover us in it while facing the door.

(After feast on Grand Stair Case) Third Person

"That fat lady, she's gone" Ginny exclaims as she stands in front of the golden trio. The headmaster appears with Mr Filch and exams the slashed painting. While Mr Filch looks at the surrounding paintings on the stair case.

"Mr. Filch? Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the Fat Lady" Dumbledore instructs.

"No need for ghosts professor, the fat lady's there" Filch says pointing. The whole group gather around the portrait he'd pointed out. It was a landscape of the African Savannah and the fat lady is hiding behind a hippo.

"My dear lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore asks her gently.

"Eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. It's him, headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!" she finishes with a shout before hiding behind the hippo again.

"Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest of you, to the Great Hall" Dumbledore instructs. Harry goes to do that but stops remembering his cousin.

"Professor Dumbledore sir!" he shouts running over to him.

"What is it Harry?" Dumbledore asks him.

"Grace, she wasn't at the feast. I don't know where she is" Harry says close to tears. If anything happened to her how would he ever forgive himself and tell the Dursleys.

"Don't worry Harry, I'll have Professor Lupin look for her" Dumbledore assures him as they reach the great hall. Harry joins his friends as the rest of the students appear and Dumbledore conjures up pillows/sleeping bags for the night. He then calls Lupin into the entrance hall. "Grace Dursley is missing, she wasn't at the feast. I need you to go find her" he tells him.

"You don't think he..." Remus starts to say.

"I doubt it, but be ready for anything" Dumbledore tells him. Lupin nods his head leaving the great hall. Not knowing he had a follower. Micheal heard their conversation and knew where Grace. He wanted to make sure she was ok.

"Professor Lupin" he says tentatively when they reach the grand stair case. Remus wipes around to face him wand in hand. "I head you talk with the headmaster, I think I know where Grace is" he states.

"Where?" Lupin asks lowering his wand.

"She told me she wanted to spend Halloween alone with Winter, her puppy. As they haven't hang out a lot since school started. She said she'd be in the Gryffindor Common Room" he explains.

"Well you can't go back to the great hall alone, so stick close to me" Lupin tells him. Micheal nods his head and follows him to Gryffindor Tower. Lupin mutters something under his breath so that Micheal couldn't hear. And the portrait hall opened. They enter the common room, the door shutting behind them and Lupin thinks about where Grace would feel the safest.

Before climbing the staircase to the boys dorm. Micheal close behind examining the common room in awe. It's so homey and warm, with an amazing view. Meanwhile Grace has fallen into a light sleep under the invisibility cloak. Winter is awake guarding her and hears footsteps. So she growls lowly looking at the door.

Lupin opens the door and Winter spots Micheal. She runs to him and he picks her up holding her close. Remus observes the room and kneels down beside Harry's trunk. He grips an invisible fabric and removes it from a sleeping Grace. He sighs in relief and picks her up. "Lets return to the great hall" he tells Micheal.

Then leads the way back down to the great hall. Where they're greeted by Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall. "Is she alright?" McGonagall asks looking at her cub.

"Yes, just asleep. I fear your questions will have to wait until morning" Lupin tells them. "Thank you for the help..." he starts to say looking at Micheal.

"Micheal, Draco was looking for you. Go to him now, we'll discuss this later" Snape tells him.

"Yes professor" Micheal says while placing Winter down. Dumbledore leads Remus to where Harry was waiting for his cousin. Lupin tacks her into a purple sleeping bag resting her head on a pillow. Winter crawls in beside her and curls up going to sleep.

"Thank you for bringing her back professor" Harry says grateful.

"You should thank her friend Micheal, he told me where to find her" Lupin tells him before leaving. Harry gets into his sleeping bag beside his cousin. But keeps one arm out wrapping it around her.

"I thought I'd lost you cuz" he whispers. "Never again" he promises himself holding her close. Before falling into a peaceful sleep knowing his little cousin is safe in his arms.

A/N

Picture above of everyone sleeping in the great hall and picture on the external link of Grace's pj's.